Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok does every one have a medical card for 10K gvw truck and up .

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got mine 4 yrs ago after a Framingham dot gave me a ticket . Till I got the ticket. I never new I had to have a medical card to drive a 10k truck.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's alot of BS just another way to drain more life out of you . so where did you get yours ? can your own doctor do this or do you have to go some where special?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your Doctor can do it and yes its a bunch of bs just got all my reg renus and state of ct business entity tax $250. now thats BS!!!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
In CT you need a Med Card for any vehicle over 18k. It is just a quick check up on your vitals. eyes ears, blood pressure etc. Nothing that requires rubber gloves.:eek:

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you must have to get a form from the state to give to your doctor.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to have a physical with my doc so maybe i will kill 2 birds with one stone and get this crap ready . it's funny doc. sex says you have not called for a physical i say why i feel fine that'sa good thing if i felt bad then i would go get one lol. probably stupid way to think about ,

·
Registered
837 Posts
In Ma. you must have a Med. card for any truck over 10K. Check with your Docs. office to see if they do the exam,they don't all. If yours doesn't check your local RMV they will have a list of ones that do. Many are Walk in Clinics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ky started requiring Med card for 10K and over recently. Guess I might as well just get my CDL while I'm at it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have one got it when they first went to cdl license originally had a class a and chauffers, got a ticket a few years later didn't have it or at least one tha was current it's supposed to be renewed every 2 years if you didn't know, it's more over just to make sure that you are fit enough to drive a big truck as in your not gonna have heart attack while behind the wheel of 80,000 pounds the thinking behind is valid and yes it's a pain in the butt,

not sure of the exact requiremnts for it but i think if your behind the wheel of a truck over a certain amount of weight that is used for commercial purposes yo are required to have it i believe is how its worded not exactly sure and not sure if farmers using trucks for the purpose of farming are required to have on or not

·
Registered
106 Posts
opps i forgot

the forms for the medical card at least for mine i had to get and bring with me to the dr i got mine on line at i belibed the federal highway administration webpage you could try to do a search on medical card cdl forms and see what it comes up with but be a good idea to check when you set up appointment if your need to bring the forms with you

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Like said this is not a new requirement it is being enforced to the fullest has of Nov 08 and 10k and over. This also applys to USDOT numbers on your truck, the numbers must be seen from 50 ft.

Your Doctor or any of the local sub hospital care centers that do pee test, employee screening, can also do the Med cert.

Not that i really ever wanted to find this out but Jan 31 when i totaled the Sterling i would be required to fill out a USDOT accident report on scene , the truck also was required to be scaled with in 10 days of the accident, trust me here fellows the local Midland City Police were carrying this forum that day the officer admitted when i sat with him and filled it out it was a new fourm to him since Nov and i could tell he had not filled out many. 2 days after the accident the Mdot officer out of Bay City Mi visted the shop and requested that the truck have both axles wieghed before it was moved to its final repair.

I would recomend a family doctor do the cert , in my case i have to have what is called a restricted med cert the hrs i can operate are very limited right now and i have to fullfill a ton of requirements to meet my current one do to treatments.

Proir to this for those that were around in 05 when i was going to Jerres and rolled the service truck a larger part of the 5k fine i recived was do to the fact the service truck was over 10k and i had limited documents , 05 is when i would become up to speed on USDOT requirements.

So theres no getting around this fellows if you think your flying under the radar just get in a accident and without the above your wallet is gonna get alot lighter.

Another tip when you apply for your Dot numbers if your not running for hire out of state then file for a Intrastate number , the cost of insur for my company doubled running Interstate however this is ness should one of my guys get in trouble outside of Mi .

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Sorry you had to go through all that Fred....

But glad you stated it again.... cause no one believes me either..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Cat, My doctor had all the paper work in his office. It has to be up dated every yr and I'm going to the doc's next week to get a new one. Like was stated above, they check eyes, blood pres,pee and so on.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Sounds stupid, actually really stupid.

My Doctor insists on a FULL physical for a med card... most covered by my insurance, but still bills my insurance for $250++

Down in Denver at the 76 truck stop is a camper trailer with a sign $35 for CDL medical exam.... As long as they don't poke or prod me, I have seriously considered it...

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the thing that really makes me laugh is i'm moving some where i go to u-haul rent a big truck 25K gvw i'm in poor health i have a stroke at the wheel kill 4 people and myself because A. I over loaded the truck and B . weekend worria does not need to abide by the same rules . I think that any truck that you can drive with a regular licence show be ban from all this medical, and reg . bs commercial or non because what is the differance between week end worria f350 and joe the working guys commecial reg f350? non that i'm aware of week end worria is more pron to over load than joe the working guy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts