Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved my md75 out of storage plow went up, will not go back down. I ran through the troubleshooter I confirmed the solenoid is getting power. Swapped tow coils no change. Removed the valve & cleaned it no change. I unhooked the lift pistons hose still will not go down with out ALOT of force. I’m assuming there is some swelling inside the piston. Should I just replace or try & use a lube/ penetrant to see if I can get to move up & down. Opinions?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Put a jack under the plow, for safety. Loosen the lift piston packing nut one turn, see if that make a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried to loosen the packing but. It is stuck. Had a 3 ft cheater bar, all it did was break the wrench. Also tried to depress while holding float no change. Also will not depress with hydraulics I’m hooked. I’m thinking the packing as swelled from sitting. Sprayed the piston rod with pb hoping it will seep in enough to loosen up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tried to loosen the packing but. It is stuck. Had a 3 ft cheater bar, all it did was break the wrench. Also tried to depress while holding float no change. Also will not depress with hydraulics I’m hooked. I’m thinking the packing as swelled from sitting. Sprayed the piston rod with pb hoping it will seep in enough to loosen up.
Put a jack under plow, remove the piston, if the plow goes up/down freely using the jack, replace the piston, they are not that expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the help. Plow does move up & down freely I had unhooked the chain so I could detach it from the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed new lift cylinder today. Everything is back up & operational. Thank you for your help. Need to do some pre winter maintenance & I will be ready for the 19/20 snow season! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts