Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Md75 plow just replaced bad motor. All worked well in the shop. Worked fine for half an hour on the job until the relay failed closed and motor shines several mins before the operator could stop and pull the plug.
New relay installed. Plow now only turns one (left) way and down works. Up and right doesn’t work. When you press left- hear familiar click and motor engages. Press right or up and no clock at the relay. We have 10 snow doggs so we swapped controllers- ain’t the controller and no codes. It’s odd as hell.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m thinking that now. I’ll pop the valves out and see if maybe the pins are stuck closed behind high pressure built by runaway motor. Odd tho - would’ve thought the motor would still try to turn. The relay would still try to click but who knows.

· Super Moderator
980 Posts
Trying to get it straight, you put a new solenoid in.

plow only moved in one direction.
That usually is the default movement.
When it doesn’t get a signal from the controller but the motor runs.

Now you only get a click and no movement?
Low voltage or bad solenoid.

Did you replace it with the same kind of solenoid that was in there?
What is the voltage at the solenoid?
Are the plugs clean and free from dielectric grease and making good contact.

did this keep a coil energized and burn up a coil?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is moving in the default direction- relay clicks and motor comes on and it pulls/pushes. The controller reports no errors but in the position where signal is required to a solenoid, neither work and no click at the motor relay.
I used a 12v relay but it was off the shelf different brand but same voltage.
I swapped the coil on the down (which is working) to the other cartridges and no joy - even left the down wires on to see if it’s the connections. So, a known good coil not working.

So, when the motor plus a solenoid is needed to produce a result, i get no click at the motor relay and no movement. Very odd shit bc when i unplug one of those solenoids it get errors. I swapped controllers the controller fine. We’ll do some more testing a swapping around. Pull the cartridges on the Suspect hardware see what we can find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts