Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serviced a friend's plow today. First of all the MD 2 ST's are a much better set up than the regular ST's IMO. Only problem I found is that the main wiring plug is not the way I would do it. When I hooked everything back up for a final test, the driver side light wasn't working, when we had to fix a problem on the passenger side light :rolleyes: Determined that it was the main wire plug. There is no clip to hold it straight, and we found that we had to do considerable wiggling to get the light to stay on. I am sure a few bounces on the highway & it will be out again. And it will certainly become loose during any kind of plowing operations. When I brought this up to him, he said that he has had the plow go dead abunch of times & had to play with that plug. Just wondering if anybody else has dealt with this & might have a better solution than putting tie wraps on it each time he mounts it. This would be a PIA in this case because he basically does one lot & a few drives, and the plow stays parked in a garage on site, and only gets hooked up for any plow events & then goes right back to the garage. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
BRL,

Mine is the same way. Althought the single plug is a thing of beauty, it is sometimes a real PIA to get together. When I'm hooking up, I plug the harness together, then go turn on my plow lights with flasher.

If all the lights are working properly, I'm good to go. Sometimes this takes some wiggling of the harness. Once I'm connected, have never had a problem with it loosing contact.

I have mine loaded up with grease, so once it's together, it seems like the greased harness forms a seal and holds it tight.

Mark

·
Registered
637 Posts
MD- II

I have the CP-8 with the MD-II mout. I also have the same problem with the hug plug, at first. I use the diaelect grease in the plug. When the plow was put on they used it, now every year I clean the old off and add fresh grease in. Most important is to keep it clean and well greased.
Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
My MD2 plug was working good until this morning when I noticed that the marker light on the passenger side was out so having checked the bulb and working my way back to the main plug I found that it had lost contact on just that prong and after wiggling the connector and shoving it back as tight as I can get it it worked so I guess that it is something that we have to watch during the season, mine came loose with just driving. I plan to bring this up to the dealer next week and see if they have a fix for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This plug is the biggest PIA. Everytime i hook up I have to Fight with the plug so the the plow will Angle. I've been defeating the purpose of having a MDII and leaving the Pump on just so I don't have to fight the plug. I hate it. They need to make all the tabs longer so that they will connect better. :headwall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.