Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone is planning on or having some kind of get together I'm thinking we should have one.

My thinking is it should be inside 495 just for logistics since we seem to be (mostly) scattered all over the eastern half of the state. I know we have a hooters shortage in this state :shades but we could meet up for some food and maybe shoot some pool along with some BS :D

Any one have any ideas as to where and when?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Close enough the boys from Maine could shoot down. Sounds interesting but holidays are around the corner.. What exit along 495 are you thinking of JD ???

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Yeah Gordyo Krispie kreme sounds good love ther dounuts.:D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Where is it ?????????

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff I'll buy you some Kreme's and come up there :D I think Tony Floramos might be okay but the parking lot isn't all that big particularly when plow trucks get parked in it.

Plow Dak when I say 495 I mean't anywhere off of or east of 495 and that road goes all the way to the cape, so I'm just putting out some suggestions. If anyone has an idea as to where we could meet please post.

One place that might be a little hard to find for some but could definitely accommodate us is Good Time Billiards in Somerville (yes isn't that convenient for me:p ) but I am open toany suggestions people have.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Gordyo soon as i get the new alternator put back in my truck i'll try to get up there.We have been so busy when we were up there I didn't have time to brake away to see you,hopefully soon .Goodtimes wood be ok Hooter's here would be a pain to get to on friend st plus the parking.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Something right off 495 would be a lot better I.M.A. As long as it's not in Lowell.. Bad memories there..

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Waltham seems pretty central but I dont know where . Krispy Kreme sounds cool kinda far and I shouldnt be eating them . The first and only Krispy Kreme I have been to no longer exists . It was in the World Trade Center complex :mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't have a when, but some ideas of areas. Both Rte. 1 in the Dedham, Norwood-Westwood area or Rte. 9 Natick-Framingham both have a bunch of restaurants with big lots.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
chayes

Those are good ideas to . We could chose an area then pick the place

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Guys!

Count me in! i'm always up for some BSing :D

i vote for Framingham/Natick area. maybe John Harvards?
there's a ton of other places too. seems easy enough for everyone to get to.
there's even some hotel/motels that our friends from maine could stay in (assuming there would be beverage consumption)

There's also a nice little local pub I frequent in Hopkinton thats 2mi off the RT85 exit (495) lots of parking and cheap beer! :drinkup

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Hey there is a fridays,a mexican place and a few other resterasunts in Woburn all right off rt 128.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Count me in too. Anywhere is ok for me. Cat I like the idea of Woburn (for me anyways). But your right, plenty of places right off 128, and north side of 128 would be convenient for ME and NH folks. Good times wouldn't be too bad either, haven't been there in awhile, but I seem to remember that it gets very crowded and the parking is somewhat limited in their lot. JD, do they still let you park in the lots accross the street?

·
Registered
224 Posts
how about F1 in braintree? too far? but what a blast that would be!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got Snow thats a cool idea but it is a little expensive and some people might just want buy some beer and food and shoot the shizzle :p

I think something in the area that has been outlined (route 3 down to 95) might be a good place to start thinking about where to meet. Also keep in mind that only 8 of us have posted to this thread and I know we have alot more than 8 people who live near us (eastern Mass) so I think we should try to promote this idea a little longer before we settle on an exact location. I have posted about this idea on "another" site so I hope to attract even more interest.

·
Registered
224 Posts
excellent! this will bring it to the top!

i'm in no rush. it would be great to get ALOT of guys(gals) together.

what day of the week are we thinking?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I think travel time is the issue of sorts to finding a place. I'm sure there are lots of good places to get together wherever we decide to do it. Myself personally it takes me exactly one hour to hit the 95/495 turn from Maine. I'm not sure how long it takes the Southern people to head north...Wherever you decide to meet i'm almost sure i've never heard of it..LOL. So it will be an added treat.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts