Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by CraftyBigDog
I had them and they blew off and they were real strong
Same here, and I paid more than $25 for them. Decided to go with vinyl and haven't looked back since.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
CAMERON SERVICES said:
Same here, and I paid more than $25 for them. Decided to go with vinyl and haven't looked back since.
You are not the only ones that had a sign blow off!:headwall Mine cost $116 a pair :confused: I am going vinyl next year :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
well I want my truck lettered but according to CC/R no business vehicle can be parked at a residence, so I have my web addy on the back and thats it unless I get mags

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree that vinyl is better, that's what I have now. But, I never had any problems with my magnetic signs. I had them up to 80mph with no probs. But, I got tired of removing them and cleaning underneath them. And they don't look nearly as good as vinyl does IMO.

Here is what I paid for each:

Magnetic Signs $50

Vinyl Lettering $190 (includes number on front fender, name on door, and services on bedside X 2)

Magnetic signs are nice if you want to be able to move them from vehicle to vehicle or don't want them on all of the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I should start doin more vinyl signs.. I've got the art, the software, the cutter and the vinyl.. Hmm..

How large was the artwork for that $190??

Can you upload a picture of the work? I'd love to see what the competition is doing.

A lot of people try to sell you on the fact that it's really hard to apply the artwork, all ya need is a little soapy water.. ;)

If anyone is interested, let me know. We'll work somethin out.

Paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
kl0an - I'll attatch a picture that shows the lettering.

I'll have to find the invoice for the lettering and make sure it was $190, I think that's how much it was but not sure.

There isn't any artwork to it at all, just boring letters:)

I hope I didn't get screwed on the price. I tried to get some online but never got a response so I checked out the local shops. They were all about the same price.

I actually did put it on myself. They wanted $60 (I think), so I told em I could do it. It was very easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
That is a pretty steep price for the vinyl.

I probably could have done it and shipped it to you for a lot less.

If you guys need something done,let me know.I have a friend in the sign biz.I can get you cut vinyl,or custom art,even digital images all done at cost.I couldn't imagine the shipping being very expensive,as it's light.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Chris- I will deinitely be calling or emailing you soon to get some price ideas- What about currnecy exchange from US to Canadian though? Do you have an easy way of working that out?

Bill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, $25 is a good deal!

I had a local shop make mine. They are about twice as thick as the ones Snowjoker sent away for. (not a dig, Joker)

In 4 yrs, I never had any problems with my magnetic signs. I did find one missing when I came out from work one day, but I think it was taken off. Sign guy made another for 30% off since he had everything on file. I paid $40 each and also put one on the tailgate.

I think if you want your truck lettered year round, it's a good idea to find a local letter shop. I almost live in my
truck and plowing is only a very small percentage of things I do with the truck and I can take them off anytime.

Stay local, any problems, they will more than likely stand behind the work.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I can work out the exchange if needed.

We also have the capability to do single layer multi-color signs.Most places will do it with cut vinyl in layers,which will tend to lift or peel over time,especially in the cold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have used magnetic signs for the last ten years and not one lost yet however it is a pain removing them to clean under and when we powerwash the truck they usually end up on the ground if they are not pealed off beforehand, the price that is on e-bay is in line with the sign shops in the area here, we are going to switch to lettering this year though as I think that it looks better but that is just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
609 Posts
hey Chris, I need 2 of these about 8-9" tall and 42" wide but I dont want it layered everyone around here wants $30 a sq ft for multi-colored vinyl or roughly $250

regular vinyl I can get locally for $4.00 a sq ft

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chris, I am looking at a vinyl dealer who can do door or window sets, up to two colors, up to 20" square for $25 + shipping (U.S.) Can your guy compete or is this a good price?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Boy, I sure lost out on that deal..

GLS, the lettering you have can be done on my little cutter. Most of it appears to be 4" tall or less except for the 6" name on the door.. All one color.. I can't see more than say about $50 in materials in it, then labor?? I think I could do it with everything for $100 but, looks like I've been run out by Wyldman.. haha..

Paul

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Big Nate's Plowing said:
well I want my truck lettered but according to CC/R no business vehicle can be parked at a residence, so I have my web addy on the back and thats it unless I get mags
Nate I know a few towns around here where contractors use magnetic signs to cover up the lettering at night, when they park in their driveways. Just shoot the sign the same color as the truck. :D

~Chuck

·
Registered
275 Posts
GLS, the lettering you have can be done on my little cutter. Most of it appears to be 4" tall or less except for the 6" name on the door.. All one color.. I can't see more than say about $50 in materials in it, then labor?? I think I could do it with everything for $100 but, looks like I've been run out by Wyldman.. haha..
I guess I know for next time:)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Chuck Smith said:
Nate I know a few towns around here where contractors use magnetic signs to cover up the lettering at night, when they park in their driveways. Just shoot the sign the same color as the truck. :D

~Chuck

wow, never thought of that:headwall do they make a paint the same color as rust;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts