Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place in Western NY i could get magic to treat my own salt. I am just getting into salting and would like to try the magic treated salt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Magic Salt

I work for a Magic distributor in Orange County, NY. Our pricing to contractors is $11.25 per 50 lb bag picked up. If someone were to take a full pallet I imagine there could be a little room for discount.

Joker, I think you will be happy with Magic. We aren't just selling it, we use it ourselves. (Sounds like a hair club commercial huh?) Last year we dabbled with it and went so far as to buy a small 200 gal spray rig. After seeing the results we purchased a 500 gal spray rig and my boss became a distributor.

How much salt are you thinking of treating and where is your closest distributor? The "standard" size pile around here is about 25 tons....tri-axle dump load usually. We treat those piles for about $26 a ton. :cash I know....sounds expensive, but we found our salt was going twice as far with far better results. That's our own results, not a sales pitch. It can really save you money if you use it correctly. So I don't bore anyone here, if you want more info drop me a PM or email and I'll tell you what I can.

Good luck,

Pete :usa

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HerkFE i dont have many salting accounts yet but like the benefits of treated salt. I only want enough to treat maybe 2 tons at the most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts