Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new to this forum as I just acquired an old setup. I believe the blade I have is an older western, but the pump is what looks to be an old monarch m683 which seems to be common with Arctic plows.

when I bought it, 300 bucks, gamble but it seemed like a good deal. I bench tested the pump and valves. 3 of 4 seemed weak. “D” valve was the only strong one. I stripped the thing and cleaned everything. All seemed fine. No scoring or anything to the valves.Seals were good as well. Put it back together. Everything worked. It held at 2500 psi. Perfect!
Now the problem. Up and down= perfect.
Left to right and right to left there is little movement. If I rapidly click the control I can get it started and it will move when not at the extremes. But to get it moving from far left or right there is very little movement. I installed a gauge and it runs up to 600 psi and holds. I can move it by hand left to right and vice versa but manually left is easier.
I changed the quick connectsto rule that out. I’m leaning towards faulty crossover reliefs but still doesn’t seem to me that would be the problem. Valves will run me a few hundred bucks plus another tear down. I can get a brand new pump setup for 6-700 so that don’t seem feasible.
Also it will not angle either way when on my concrete floor.
I’m not a master hydraulic tech but I am an experienced industrial mechanic.
Any input would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have seen that drawing, it never came with a controller. I tried finding the original or something similar with no luck so I bought a new controller for a double acting unit. I’ll attach a link. I wired it up, no wire colours match from the unit to the remote so it took some time to figure it out. I ended up have to use a constant ground instead of constant power to the remote. So when you click the bottom it powers it not ground it. I should by pass the remote and see if it makes a difference I guess. I know all the solenoids are working because I can hear them, whether or not they’re working as good as they should I’m not sure.
It’s the 4 button controller in the link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts