Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am curious why it has a NTC 300 and not a NTC 250 ... This model truck usually came with just one engine the Cummins NTC 250. The u model came in NTC 350 and Detroit 8V71T 350hp ... so, I wonder special order or transplant on this truck?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am curious why it has a NTC 300 and not a NTC 250 ... This model truck usually came with just one engine the Cummins NTC 250. The u model came in NTC 350 and Detroit 8V71T 350hp ... so, I wonder special order or transplant on this truck?
Beecuzzz more is better......duh...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, 300hp is better but is a bit of an oddball from my research on Walter NCBS models of that year.... love the 6spd fuller in it. Automatics lead to sloth.

·
Registered
226 Posts
By the year, the suitcase water pump, etc. It should be what is designated a BIG CAM 1.
Larger camshaft diameter, topstop injectors. If he actually had the bitch at his house, he could very easily look
at the plate and see what he's got.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the year, the suitcase water pump, etc. It should be what is designated a BIG CAM 1.
Larger camshaft diameter, topstop injectors. If he actually had the bitch at his house, he could very easily look
at the plate and see what he's got.

The truck is still in Skaneateles, NY about 170 miles from my location. Not to mention I won the bid on Friday night at 7:32pm. I am waiting for the paper work from the town to process and then pay once it is all cleared. I will post a picture of the data plates and more.

Do the 300’s have after-cooling?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Attn: Connor,

Congratulations on your auction purchase! An invoice for the items you won in the Town of Skaneateles Hwy-NY #19215 auction is now ready at MY INVOICE.

We look forward to seeing you at the pickup.

Must contact Allan at Xxxxxxxxx to arrange for pickup. Item(s) located at 3624 Transportation Drive, Skaneateles, N.Y. 13152. Onondaga County

Now, I have to go pick it up...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
855 cid is awesome.... 30mph is not so awesome for long trips but cool around town.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The calendar says it’s November 6th......
Where’s the pictures of it or are ewe still fotoshoping them....
Actually, I had change the pick up date since I was busy with work... now next Friday. It was not a good day in Mudville...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts