1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Carbon Bumper Cable Gas

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Stairs Automotive exterior

Hi all,
Just bought a 2010 Silverado with a Boss straight blade plow. The plow is a 13 prong plug, the controller is a 9 pin harness. I think I’ve got everything all set except when I toggle the lights, it doesn’t change to the plow, and the controller doesn’t work (ya know, one of the most important parts LOL). Anyways I have traced it down to this inline fuse and the unhooked wire. I’m wondering if anybody has any idea where this plugs into? I don’t see a loose male end laying around.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I looked there and did not see a pigtail
That harness for that fuse box keeps all of its wires together and heads up towards the steering wheel area. None of them head towards the plow controller

·
Super Moderator
915 Posts
Fuse panel,
A Ignition controlled fuse highest amp one for an accessory like the heater blower motor, you know so when you turn the key off and you forget to turn the power off it doesn’t drain the battery’s

Got any pics or wire color codes or anything like that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally found the problem…
Wire was unplugged. Tapped it into a existing fuse.
Had power to the inline fuse. Still nothing to the controller itself.
Did lots of research and found wiring diagrams. The diagrams I found all had 4 relays under the hood. Mine has 5
Turns out one of the relays powers the lights and controller, replaced the relay and boom power!!

…still have yet tofigure out what the 5th relay is for LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts