Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum. Also just bought a used 2004 boss 7 1/2’ straight blade. This is my first purchase of a plow, just wondering if anyone knows any negatives about this blade. It will be hooked up to my 2013 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just joined the forum. Also just bought a used 2004 boss 7 1/2’ straight blade. This is my first purchase of a plow, just wondering if anyone knows any negatives about this blade. It will be hooked up to my 2013 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
7 1/2 seems a little small for a 3/4 truck...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 1500 Outdoorsman, which the Ram, Western, and Boss folks all said I could not mount a plow on- not because of weight issues, but something to do with the electronics of the steering system & the 8 speed auto tranny, so if yours is similar, you might want to look into that...just a thought.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What model 7.5 is it? If it's standard duty or super duty, you should be ok. If it's a sport duty, there won't be a mount available to fit that truck.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Do you have the plow hooked up yet?

·
Banned
432 Posts
Not going by dealer specs, if you spend enough money on fabrication you can put what you want on there not over 9 FT. Being the year of the truck your out of warranty? No?

I would definitely add wings depending what your doing, lot of truck for a 7 1/2. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts