Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or any book that will give me a better understanding of how a pushrod motor works; i.e. timimng, timimg advancement, cam timing, exhaust back pressure, vacuum lines, etc.
I have a feeling my 94 k1500 isn't running 100%. It being a secondary vehicle, I'd like to learn how to fix it and get it running tip-top.
I plan to change the plugs, cap, and rotor this weekend to try to better the performance. Another thing is the truck has 188k on it, the motor only has 29k, but I think it may have the original catalytic converter... dunno if it's clogged.
Now that I have a tranny that shifts I want to try to get more power out of my SB 350, but first I have to get it running 100% ..

Any suggestions on books to read?

thanks,
-e

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
David vizards books are great and good reading. Smokey yunicks books are pretty entertaining as well as informative.

A simple haynes manuale is good too plus helps on stuff more specific to your vehical.

howstuffworks.com is pretty cool too for some basic stuff.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Factory GM service manual is the way to go.Sometimes you can find CD-Rom copies on ebay cheap.

The factory manuals have everything you need,but are still written in basic enough terms that the average persn can understand them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts