Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got the forcast, they are calling 4-7 inches. Lets see, this would be our first plowable event. Lets keep our fingers crossed and not get to excited.
Later,

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Good luck, your due !

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
good luck and be safe... i think i just heard on the news that chicago had the highest murder rate for this past year outta all the citys in the us...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your exactly right! Chicago was rated 2 years in a row for the highest rate in murders.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe if it snowed a little more in Chicago it would keep people in doors and drive that murder rate down. You know, and the general public curses the snow... if only they knew how it can help reduce the crime rate let alone our bottom lines!

Let it snow Chicago!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lawn Lad said:
Maybe if it snowed a little more in Chicago it would keep people in doors and drive that murder rate down. You know, and the general public curses the snow... if only they knew how it can help reduce the crime rate let alone our bottom lines!

Let it snow Chicago!

murders would be higher during bad weather.cops have a hard time getting around and theres not to many people out and about to see anything out of line.

good luck i hope you get snow

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Well noaa radio from crystall lake says 6 to 9. :D
Been out once this season (one inch trigger) pretty sad.
Well lets get ready and have some fun.
Todd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T-Zab, are you right in crystal lake? Im right next to you in lake in the hills. That would be nice, 6-9inches. Im all ready baby. I cant wait to finally try out the new truck and plow. Good luck to all and be safe!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Actually I live in Grayslake. I sub for a large contactor in the Vernon Hills Lake Forest Lincolnshire area. So i did get out once this year with the new ram. This should be the real test though. Noaa radio broadcasts from Crystall lake. That is the government all weather radio station. They are pretty good, I use it mostly for weather on Lake Michigan (boat owner) for wave reports. But times like these I love to get every forecast I can.;)
Todd

·
Registered
154 Posts
Snowing pretty good here in central Iowa:D Weather guessers are calling for 8 to 12. Trucks are ready, just finished giving them a pre storm inspection.

Guess we'll see what happens.
Stay safe,
Mark K

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got an update from NOAA.

Tonight: Occasional snow. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a low near 28. North northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday: Occasional snow. The best chance for snow is before noon. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 25 by 3pm. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Flurries possible until midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 11 and 20 mph.

But that is my area in Lake in the Hills. I hope We get tons! Good luck guys!
Later,

·
Registered
434 Posts
Man - I have got the chills. Looks like we will be out plowing tommorrow for most of the day. Stay safe out there, and happy plowing!

Chuck B.

·
Registered
49 Posts
New guy here. First post came over from plowsite. Nice to see old names that I reconize. It's started snowing a few minutes ago:) it's about time. On the murder rate I think more murders happen in the hot humid summers. Pete :drinkup

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well guys, for once, it looks like its going NORTH, and going to mostly miss me. Oh well, I guess that's ok, I will share.

They are calling for an inch overnight, and up to 4-6 tomorrow. Judging by the doppler and satelite, the few spits we had this afternoon is all we should expect, it doesn't look like there is much moisture out there/ However, I've been wrong before, and I'm no weatherman....

Have fun and be safe all you Norhtern IL guys, :cash

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thank You SBT you're most gracious:D
The forecast for Chicago is as many inches as murders so far this year, 6! Just incredible:(
Plows on trucks, salt in back, full fuel tanks, just waiting for it to miss me now:D I'd be glad to take the credit.
Anybody ever use plowing as an excuse to get out of jury duty?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
SCL - Please stop kidding. It was supposed to start snowing at 7:00PM Last nite, I have not seen a flake since early afternoon! From the way I see it the storm will not be hitting us hard until noon or so. I predict very little accumulation before 10am! :D

Chuck B.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Well already after midnight when is was suppose to be starting and still nothing. It will be like the big storm last March that we heard about for two day and ended up with like 4" alomst 24hrs after they said it would start.

As long as if falls in a large amount I would be happy. Need some white stuff to be around for more than a day or two.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Its now 6:40AM and no snow yet. Man I am good at guessing the weather! I guess that chill I had early last nite, was the start of a cold. - LOL:rolleyes:

They are still calling for snow - we will see.:D

Chuck B.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
9:10 am and about 1.5" on the ground, coming hard, and starting to blow a little, if it keeps this up, we may have more than 2-4" as expected. Its nice to see snow again, we almost had to get out the mower and cut the grass, I think it started grpwing the other day, it was 65°F a new record!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Up at 4 am, 3/4", up at 6am, still 3/4", finally out of bed at 8, still 3/4" BUT it had started to come on. Now 9:45 , bout 1 1/2" but promising. I'll get out, but I don't believe I'll get the 6-9 they were talking.Looks like the bands drying up around Galesburg already.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts