Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co worker of mine (Rick) decided he needed a plow for his little 94 Toyota truck.
His driveway is about 1700’. Well his truck is little in size only. Toyota had a 1 ton suspension for this size truck And Rick happened to get one. He loves these trucks and has plenty of spare parts.
So he installed the 1 ton rear springs for towing his camper. (Not a popup either LOL)
Having a variety of plow parts he made a custom mount to allow a 6 or 8 foot plow to be used on the same frame. ( Fisher headgear and plows )
He also made some temp plastic spacers for the bumpstops untill he gets his timbrens and new torsion bars in.
These pics are just the trial working of the plow and things are being adjusted as we speak.

Pic 1 is the truck
Pic 2 is the modified headgear and frame mount
Pic 3 is the extended plow pin ( I think about 3 inches longer, stainless steel )
Pic 4 and 5 are the plow hung and being tested.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
That should make for a manuverable rig. Definitely need some ballast though.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's an 8 foot Fisher in these pics Gold Pro :rockon

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Definitely a cool rig to be able to hang an 8 footer on and do stuff that larger trucks have trouble with in accounts thats for sure!!!

Jay

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
An 8 ft old style fisher is a very heavy plow,I cant beleive how little that truck squats with it on.With enough weight it should push like a champ.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought you guys might like to see the truck this plow came off of. I used this rig for years at the shop. I use to call this truck the "Green Monster". Boy could she push some snow. She'd blow black smoke almost like the coal furnace Dodge. The difference is the Dodge was making power and this thing was making camouflage. :)

It was an 85 GMC Diesel.

Rick is now going to make a wiring harness for the plowlights.
He thanks you for your positive comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that just looks like too moch plow for that little truck, does it have the v6 in it???
Nope. Just a 4 banger. It's all in the gearing lol.

·
Registered
940 Posts
looks good, I have a 6.9 MM1 fisher on my 94 toyota. with timbrens the truck handles it just fine. (haven't had a chance to push any snow yet though :zzzz ) I also recommend timbrens for the back end for ballast. although you did say he had 1ton springs back there. I plan on running 250 - 500lbs of ballast depending on the storm.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Truck didn't have the timbrens in the front yet or the 7 or 800 lbs of ballast. It does a good job. Trying to get some action photos from him but he has to much fun to stop to take any. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts