Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a Meyers C-7.5 mould-board, E-57 pump, what looks like an MDII mount setup with Nite-Sabre (not the Sabre II) plow lights, using 07347 light control modules (newer-style with accessible fuses). The plow mechanics and controller work like a dream, but when I use the right turn signal, the headlights flash alternating with the signals themselves. Both the plow head-lights and truck head-lights on the right side are flashing. The left side seems to be normal. When not using the turn signals, the headlights function 100% normally, including switching between truck headlights and plow lights. Does this sound like a control module problem, or is it more likely to be a wiring mistake?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just double-checked to make sure my original info was correct, and I was mistaken on two thing. It is the left side, NOT the right side, which is defective, and the module on the left is NOT the 07347, it appears to be the obsolete 07116. It has no readable markings left due to age, but it matches photos of the 07116. This side is also connected to an 07183 DRL module which, if I understand it correctly, allows the driving/fog lamps to operate normally no matter which way the headlight selector is set. As such, due to the incompatible center plug/socket, I can't swap the light control modules around to test them on the opposite sides. I've purchased an adapter kit to go from the 07116 to a new 07347. Even if that's not the main problem, I want the updated module for fuse replacement purposes.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts