·
Registered
132 Posts
this is my big truck, my little truck and my only truck,,,,,:canada

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
HerkFE- that is a great rig! What liquid are you running? do you use it as a pre-wetter or can you spray liquid too?? :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
We are using the Mack rig for various purposes. We do salt pile pre-treating and lot pre-treating for various contractors in addition to our own accounts. This rig is set up to spray liquids directly on the surface or spread treated salt or both if needed. We don't do the pre-wetting of the salt in the spreader, we just pre-treat our salt with Magic in the pile and load normally. We also managed to leave enough space forward of the tank to fit two pallets of bagged material for our customers that want bagged salt.

For salt piles we use Magic liquid. For store front drives we prefer to use Caliber M1000 although Magic is a close second. (See above discussion on colors, etc.) Depends on the account and if they are concerned with the brown liquid that can sometimes get tracked into the buildings. Most don't care about that because the lots are "black and wet". Magic is pretty versatile so unless we know for sure we are going to do a Caliber run, we will have this stocked with Magic at all times! It's a nice set up and I can fill it in about 20 minutes and if I have to I can pump back from the truck into our holding tanks also.

We haven't had much of a calling for Caliber M2000 yet. It can be used to pre-treat salt as well as direct surface application, but it costs a little more so most people just use Magic for everything right now. This will probably change as more people begin to set up their own spray rigs and can use the best liquid for the specific purpose.

If I can answer any more questions, fire away!

Pete :usa

·
Registered
32 Posts
man alive!!! i just plow for fun but i love machinery. and that my friends is some cool machinery. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pelican said:
Hey Rookie, we can't see the spreader!!
Pelican, it is just an EZ Dumper. My spreader currently consists of my wife driving slow while I shovel. Very few calls for salt or sand from my customers. Next year it is on my list to purchase. I am going to target more full service accounts.:cash

Attachments

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
That is how i used to spread the mix untill i got my sander.Lots of fun in a big lot .lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
My spreader currently consists of my wife driving slow while I shovel.
Just like most other equipment issues, you should've asked for advice here before you set it up that way--now you've gone and gotten it hooked up backwards! :D

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NYRookie said:
. My spreader currently consists of my wife driving slow while I shovel.
I wanna see this, how about some pics in action.

Then it can be: "My spreader consists of my wife taking a pic while I shovel"

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Add another one, this one does not have a plow on it.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts