Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK we need to have Meyer problems for future seekers to refer to so here's another.:)

I have what appears to be a major hydraulic leak coming from under my motor. When I power up or angle it moves slowly and pours out the fluid. I think I know the answer but am probably wrong and don't want to pull things apart before I have to. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do you have a pic of the pump to show where it is leaking?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It sounds like a bad top pump seal to me. It's not too bad to change if you can get the motor off without breaking the bolts off. Once you get the motor off you will see the seal on the shaft that the motor attaches to.

Good Luck Scott:burnout

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not so sure that is what it might be scfall, would it leak through the hole at the bottom of the motor if it is the top pump seal?

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I could replace the picture in time but didn't so here it is with an arrow to help.:) I hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup

Still think its the pump seal, thats the weep hole for the motor your pointing at. Good luck and be careful with those motor bolts .

:burnout Scott

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scfall, do you have a parts list? If yu do could you give me the part #? I thought that my problem might have been the pump relief valve.
Thanks in advance, I looked at my parts picture and I'm thinking it's parts 28 - 31,o-ring, seal, bolt, spring? Am I looking at the right parts?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right so far scfall!:)
I got the motor off without incident and there is a spring sticking out of the seal, so it obviously is the problem. I have a new seal but am wondering about how to take the old one out. do I need to open up the botom as well, or is there another way of removing the old seal? Again, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch, got my answer elsewhere. :mad:
I took a screwdriver with a screw on the end and tapped that into the seal until I could tap (screw) it into the seal, then pulled on the screw with plyers. Popped right out. The rset should be easy. Thanks again scfall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts