Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,250 Posts
I'm not up that way I used to install alot of that pergo and to this day scratch my head why any one would want it. I would not put that stuff in my own house and I can get it wholsale . That stuff is basicly formica put on the floor. It will scratch and just think how will you repair it when someone drops a can, knife or what ever and puts a hole in it?

· Registered
6,250 Posts
Chuck you must be talking about Congoleums duracermic they have both a goutable one and non in the vinyl, there are some vinyls that look just like ceramic I sell the karden ,congoleum can get others . nothing will replace real wood and ceramic in my opinion, we just did vct in one of our apts in a checkerbord patern will be pretty tough 1/8 " commercial grade . You can still get the old fashion lino called marmoleum comes in 6' sheets and you can get some in 12x12 tiles not a maintence free floor but but very nice looking too .
I never liked the pergo and the 50 other ones that are on the market they talked the talk when they pushed them out but when you asked then certain questions on it they have no clue I would ask at the trade show in Vegas and get the look like why did he ask that question , with still no good response to my question .

· Registered
6,250 Posts
I agree I think if I was looking at new houses and saw that stuff down it would not make me as interested in spending alot of money for the house. Alot of people think this is the greates thing in the world.I also don't like the peel and stick for the same reason very cheap they shrink and discolor and just don't hold up as pur vinyl tiles that cost more.

Not to mention, Pergo does nothing for resale value... Wife and I are in the process of selling our house and looking for something bigger, and a lot of the houses we're looking at have pergo installed since new. Most of these were built since '01... One house we looked at the whole main level was done in Pergo, what a turn-off! :nope

In our entryway at the old house, we needed to cover up the original 60's linoleum, and I used the 12"x12" self adhesive linoleum tiles, with real adhesive put down first. The stuff is cheap as heck and looks really nice. I wouldn't do a whole kitchen with it, but for the 4'x4' entry it worked out good.

· Registered
6,250 Posts
Mike the pergo name is like bobcat is to skid steers basicly same stuff as the what you have on your counter if it is laminate. The reason for the creation of this stuff in my opinion was to get away from doing majore prep to the floor, but it still as tolerences to being put on a flat sub floor. You mentioned sheet goods I sell congoleum If you want a nice quality look at the ultima .as far as armstrong or maniningtion don't deal with them If any one rememberd manington gold parimeter flooring ,as a matter a fact there is no more parimeter flooring being sold anymore another no prep type of flooring. but any sheet good flooring will need a good sub floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts