Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firs I need to find some, anyone know where to find them on plastic or aluminum? Shoud I go to a printer or sign shop and have them made?

Now, what diatance should I put on it?

50 feet

100 feet

and so on?

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Most of the highway trucks here use 200', though I've yet to see anyone take heed. They are full width and reflective orange on the back of spreaders. Might be easiest to have them made up, but I do remember seeing them in a highway safety catalog somewhere. I'll poke around my catalog collection and try to find them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lawngodfather

I have a reflective orange KEEP BACK 50' sign on the back of my spreader :D but I have to wipe it off after each lot as it gets covered in salt dust :( I'll take a pic of it sometime today & before & after salting ;)

I got mine out of a safety catalog last yr., I'll look up the invioce as to where & how much ;) It was aluminum & I figure it's just another way to cover my a$$ if I would end up in court as to show I tried to warn the public to keep out the way.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You can make your own,just stick some cut vinyl on a peice of aluminum or plastic.

I'm going to be doing up some signs for people here soon,so if you want,let me know what you want,and I'll cut the vinyl for ya.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pic

Here is one

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try again

Here is a pic with salt dust all over the back of the salter but I cleaned off the sign ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ohio-
Did you find the invoice, I an looking into something like that as well. Just curious as to how much, and where to look, I didn't find any at AWDirect.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got to get a hold of my neighbor at my shop, he has keep back signs done with replective lettering.......

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had a local sign shop make me a sign. It's a good liability defense when someone says something fell off your truck and damaged their windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
SnowyBowtie

Sorry it took so long to get back to you :( all my invoices are at the accounts getting ready for taxs ;)

Anyhow they cost $12.50 each at Midwest Signs (330-493-7330) here in Canton,Ohio :usa I called and they said any local sign company can make them;) if you don't want to pay S&H charges :cash

1 - 12 of 12 Posts