Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge. I have always been really happy with my Western Pro Plow but it is starting to get a little long in the tooth. The dealer network in my area isn't that great for Western products so I took the plunge and bought a Hiniker poly plow with a split trip edge. South Western Ontario is green right now but when the snow flies we'll see what it does. So far the easy on and off hitch hookup makes the Western Uni mount seem archaic.

Any feedback from other Hiniker owners would be great. ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
good luck with the new plow hope it works out well for you...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had a Hiniker C-Plow for several years now and for the plowing that I do it works great. There have been some concerns expressed about the strength of the hindge but sofar I have not had any problems. Hope that you have as good of luck with your new plow as I have had with mine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There seems to be a good number of Hiniker's sold in the area and no one seems to have any problems with them so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I saw a guy on the highway with a "C" plow the other day- he had the top folded over about halfway... it looked goofy, but it didn't seem he had to worry much about getting air to the radiator!

·
Registered
28 Posts
EZSnow said:
I saw a guy on the highway with a "C" plow the other day- he had the top folded over about halfway... it looked goofy, but it didn't seem he had to worry much about getting air to the radiator!
Never thought about that ... would make as an extra selling point.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The "C" plow must be working well because I see they now offer them for skidsteer applications. Still no snow in Southern Ontario so the plow/truck sit and wait.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll add some pics of the unit.:)

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
c plow

Iam really interested in getting your repaort on the cplow let us know how it preforms i have seen one it looks neat but really would be greatful for your input on how it really works

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fred I didn't go with the c plow, but the split trip edge model instead. One of the local guys has the C plow on his truck for plowing condos and apartment buildings. He has no wasted movements as he can move snow effectively going both forward and backward and with more control than with a back blade.

Here is the plow on my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
truck mount frame

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
backside of plow and drive in harness/mount

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
plow frame and mouldboard supports. Lift assembly uses a cylinder instead of a chain. I'm looking forward to the plow not bouncing all over the place everytime I go over a set of tracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats on the new plow and hope it works out well for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts