Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much a joystick controller for a Blizzard straight blade would cost? I have the touch pad one now. But I find it hard to work when wearing gloves. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I remember right, around 200 dollars to buy them outright.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just could not be bother to take them off and put them on. If I get in and out of the truck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No gloves on you hands allowed in the trucks. I find that when people aren't careful it leaves salt or other dirt all over everything they touch after getting back in the truck. Just a pain to clean and easy to prevent by removing the gloves before getting back in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to get into any arguments for gloves on or off. But Jay if you use your argument of keeping dirt off the inside of the truck. What about salt and dirt on the boots and pants. I usually drive with the windows open part way down. That way I don't have to go from warm to cold temps all the time. This is my own personal preference when driving and plowing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No no, I didn't mean any argument or confrontation at all, that's just what I tell my guys and it helps us. Our pants don't seem to get bad because we don't do much shoveling if any. The gloves seem to get bad from dealing with the salt mainly. Boots on the other hand do get bad so I bought Catch-All carpet covered floor mats for each truck which work amazingly well to contain all the slop and can be washed out when ya wash the truck. Besides any of the above, I definately prefer the joystick control, but that again is just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the power plow touch pad is 200 cdn and the joystick is 150, most likely less for a straight blade. I bet the dealer would trade off even if yours is this years model. Just make sure you get one of the new joystick's the old shorter ones are horrible. They are very sensitive and if you try to lift the plow and don't pull straight back it tends to send the plow left or right. The new ones are much improved.

·
Registered
167 Posts
when i bought my joystick it was $79

1 - 11 of 11 Posts