Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the need to move further north. Gonna grab my fishing pole and see if I can't hook into that front and pull it a little further south. :p

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
They re saying 1 to 4 around here . ! 1 dont put my plow on , 3 I am plowing :D I wish they could be a bit more accurate

·
Registered
218 Posts
YES!! I caught it a little. Just have to reel a little harder now! Maybe I'll cast my rod again and see if I can't get it hooked a little better, and pull it more southward. Gotta get LI in at least the green. :p

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT- 334 PM EST SUN JAN 11 2004
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY...

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY TONIGHT INTO EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP EARLY THIS EVENING AND QUICKLY ACCUMULATE ON ROADS AND SIDEWALKS. THE SNOW WILL BECOME STEADIER AND HEAVIER AFTER MIDNIGHT AND CONTINUE TOWARD THE PREDAWN HOURS OF MONDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF AGAIN. TWO TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED IN THE ADVISORY AREA BY MONDAY MORNING.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hey jt5019 Were do you get your info. Just would like to know for my referance if you dont mind sharing much thanks

Rich

:burnout

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
2-4 here as well. On top of the nearly 2 feet that has fell since Wednesday night :cool: More lake effect tuesdayplowing! payup

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does not appear to have turned into a big storm for lower fairfield county Connecticut. We're in the 1-2" range, and from reading other forecasts, it seems as though 1" is about all we will get.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If i know there is a storm coming i check quite a few sources. First i check the local news nbc 30 and wtnh 8..then i check www.weather.com and www.accuweather.com they have a 15 day forecast. I find weather.com is usually one of the quickest to post watches and warnings to your specific area.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rich
Here are some weather links for CT

http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov/iwin/textversion/state/ct.html

http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov/iwin/ct/state.html

I like this radar site.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/US...odgrp=RadarImagery&product=Radar&prodnav=none

The NWS office that does our forcast
Go to this page and put in your zip , It'll give you all your info.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/okx/

DOT Traffic cams, great to see what it's doing around the state.

http://vvv.dotct.state.ct.us/trafficcams/trafficcam.aspx?dotNav=|

This will keep you busy and informed.
I have the NWS weather set as my homepage .

Heck some of you guys type faster then me !!:D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. I usally check News channel 8 and acuweather and weather.com. But all those other sites i will be checking ou tonight and may keep for future resourse. I just went and picked up my plow truck and she still runs after sitting in the cold all this time LOL. I think my truck is praying just as much as i am. Much thanks again guys have fun plowing

Rich:burnout

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I am trying to figure out if I should attach the plows . Maybe I need to maybe I dont ?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I got the plows on and my sander filled today.Id rather be safe then have to hook them up in the snow.Plus is supposed to get very cold again.If i dont use the sand it looks like there will be more chances this week to use it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Started snowing a few minutes ago & covering fast! Man its sweet to finally see that again. :cash The old beater started right up on the first try today which surprised me. Hadn't fired her up since before the cold spell. Salter ready & loosened up some of the salt that was frozen like concrete in the bed LOL. Threw the plow on the other truck just in case. I'd rather do it then than 3:30 AM. Wed night real snow on tap for this area! Nice of Mother Nature to remember its winter!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I owe, I owe... it's off to plow I go! plowing!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well we ended up with a dusting & it got a little breezy. So some of the lots were blown mostly clean, the more sheltered lots were lightly covered, not even measurable. But wher there was snow on the lots, it was slippery, especially where vehicle tracks or walking tracks compacted the snow into the cold pavements. So we got a partial salting at least. Now to get ready for plowing mid week!

Based on paponte's post, sounds like some areas at least got some plowable snows. Nice!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I got anywhere from 4-6" in my area and it's still coming down now- a little lake effect. It's supposed to stop for a while and then start up with squalls this afternoon in my area- all lake effect!

Bill

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gary was close this time we got about 4 inches and it is still coming down.:D BTW where are you at Bill north of Syracuse

1 - 20 of 32 Posts