Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got me a LoPro!!! :rockon I left Sunday morning at 8am, met Derek and Andy in Toledo, and arrived in Erie at 11pm (14 hours later). Finally got to sleep at 1am Monday, only to get up at 7am. Somehow, it took us 2 hours for the 3 of us to drag ourselves out of bed, shower, eat breakfast, and get over to Jerres. :confused: Jerre's pointing at his watch wondering why we're an hour late (told him we'd be there around 8am), but the joke was on him, us Minnesota guys run on Central time :haha We spent the whole day at Jerre's with the occasional run for food, and Jerre proceeded to talk our ears off until around Midnight. A stop in Toledo for 4 hours of sleep, then continued home Tuesday, arriving near Derek's at 8pm, and I pulled in the driveway at 9pm. The LoPro's been unloaded and tucked away in the garage (too bad her car doesn't fit anymore, but that's another problem to be worked on). Best part of the whole trip is after we got the plow uloaded, my old man comes walking out of the shop with a rag and a can of paint thinner, saying something about cleaning that blue crap off the back of the blade! omg Luckily I got there in time, or he'd of had a long drive ahead of him!!! These old timer plowers just dont get it! Love my dad, but he's clueless to the world famous Jerre. After I showed him some of the mods and a demo of the plow, he started to get it, but still thinks I'm nuts for making the trip and spending that kind of money on a plow. Oh well, I'm happy, and that's all that matters!

So, for some pictures, where do I start...

1. How about with the world famous Jerre Heyer himself! Oh by the way, Jerre's phone only rang about 100 times while we were there! This is a really popular guy, and rightfully so! This like most pictures will show Jerre on the phone.
2. Erie mods! Here's my LoPro with the cover off showing the flipped manifold, bigger hoses, and most off, fluid film all over everything!
3. More Erie mods! The carbide edges welded to the wing edges. I have intentions of running urethane, but will try both since it's only a mere 3 bolts.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Jerre hard at work tearing my poor truck apart, on the phone of course!
2. Here's a shot of the mount, erie style. Jerre cuts the top of the vertical mount plate to allow higher/less bumper trimming, and welds in an additional plate, adds additional welds to the bracing.
3. Here's a picture of the push beam mods. Jerre trims the upper stops to allow higher lift height.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. The truck side mount is done and Jerre got the bumper almost straight without a measuring tape!
2. Of course, he had to add his advertisements all over it. Not sure how effective its going to be around here though...
3. The intention with this picture was the Minnesota plate in the shop along with my LP sitting out front. Didn't come out as well as I hoped, gotta set the resolution higher on the camera... It does show though, that we had a perfect day for a visit to Erie! The weather out there was gorgeous!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. These 2 spectators remembered their chairs! Those baxtards didn't bring one for me though! I was stuck with the plastic one from the front office, oh well... too busy taking pictures of the spectators anyway... Derek's on the left, Andy on the right.
2. Jerre's putting together cables for the solenoid (on the phone of course, but this time via ear bud)
3. Jerre installing an extra cable direct from the alternator to the battery. No other dealer has ever done this on my vehicles, I've always had to add it myself. Just another reason to put your faith in Jerre. This guy really goes above and beyond!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Here's the one guys! That BSEG the first time trying out my new toy. One of only 2 pictures these guys managed to get of me...
2. Here's the other one. A happy Jerre's customer!
3. 35 1/2:confused: Tom had to clean sig #35 off due to Jerre mis-spelling my name! :haha. That dang cheater used Derek's license when he signed his though, see why later...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. I heard these things fly plowing, but shoot, this one's taken flight already!!! Getting ready to back the truck under of course...
2. Had to catch a picture of Jerre's clever plow diagnosis tester cart thingee. He can hook this thing up with the controller and batteries to try out the plows before ever installing them on a vehicle. Love the idea, way cool!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. I caught Derek staring at his 810 just after Tom removed the right wing. Kinda looks like one of those "look what he's doing to my poor plow" type of stares...
2. Tom inspecting Jerre's wing for damage preparing to pull the pins and clean and lube them up.
3. Here's Derek's 810 with the pump and manifold removed getting ready for further mods.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. After huffing the A-Frame and Quadrant out to the sawhorses, Tom and Derek check out the tweaked A-Frame and crack to be repaired.
2. Another shot of the bottom of the A-frame, not a sight many see...
3. And of course, if the A-Frame is out there, what's the naked plow look like...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. Umm, Tom, hang up the phone, and put out the fire you started...
2. BTW, Tom likes the plasma cutter too... The only time I saw either of these guys use a drill was installing the deflector. They even use the plasma for the truck frame holes...
3. Here's a shot of Derek's A-Frame with the stops and manifold flip brackets installed.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. Here's Tom putting everything back together on Derek's 810.
2. And Derek's 810 all erie-fied and put back together, ready to go home.
3. Erie Special #36, custom RE-assembled! Note Derek's last name, Jerre didn't really wanna screw up another one. Those darn Minnesota guys you know...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Here's a shot of Derek's fixed truck side mount. He has the 2-bolt mount that had rocked back big time. Jerre fixed him all up and made sure it don't move again.
2. Derek's "fixed" upper stops!
3. And the other most precious picture of the day! Derek's BSEG the first time he lifted the plow and realized how much higher it lifts! This after a full day at Jerre's after 10pm (notice how dark it is out at this point).

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. Jerre cleaning Derek's truck side plug up. Needless to say, Jerre tossed us both cans of fluid film and tubes of dielectric grease on the way out... I know what I'm using my fluid film for, not sure about Derek though :haha
2. Jerre is programming Derek's cell phone number in his phone so he can bug Derek in the middle of the night. This before showing him the bill of course...
3. And Derek's plow loaded and ready for the long drive back, and Jerre's still BSing... It's almost midnight at this point. Jerre man, we love ya and all, but I wish we had more time... We gotta get going...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. And last but not least, loaded with trailers ready for the drive home. Yes guys, I took the easy one (18' vs 24')... I know, I know, diesel die hards, save it please... The V10 certainly holds it's own, but Derek's torqey stroker handles it a little better and gets better economy doing it. We expected 2 the same size, but since one was a little smaller, we hitched them accordingly.
2. Here's a shot of Derek's rig with the bigger trailer. He's got the diesel, and in the interest of not having to stop for gas for the V10 as often, took the heavier/taller trailer.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a couple more I took after I got it unloaded today to satisfy your blizzard hunger...

Notice how far away from the curb the truck is in the last picture, and the wing is right to the curb... Now that's wide!:rockon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
That looks sweet!! One of these days I wanna go out there and meet the legend that is Jerre. Did ya happen to get any strange looks from the nieghbor folk for having your snow plow on in August??

Will

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I wasd really enjoying the pics until I got to Post #7 and pic #2. Then I lost my appetite. Go ahead and let Tom know I said this Jerre. :grinz

Looks like you could have used the heavier springs. :jk I know, you don't have your spreader so it'll look a lot better, just couldn't resist. You're going to love it, guaranteed.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Looks like you got the true Erie Experience - Jerre on the phone, plasma wars, Blizzard mods, and hospitality until the late night! Who knew it would be like that in August already?

Congrats on the plow - looking good!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts