Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 89 f-350 crew cab with a 8 ft box ok to plow with?? yes its 4 x 4 and its a diesel?? 7 1/2ft meyers on it i have all open lots and a few res drive ways

·
Registered
660 Posts
Of course its too long.

But you learn to use what you have.

Is it a SRW or a Dually?

Either way, a 7 1/2' plow is too small for that size truck.

Minimum would be an 8 footer.

Nice would be 8 1/2 to 9 foot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
srw will the 7 1/2 work untill i can get a 8 or 8 1/2ft what if i put prowings on the 7 1/2

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just remember that 7 1/2' is a ST series (3 trip springs), right? It is a residential duty, homeowner type plow. By putting wings on it it is increasing its load potential (which is weak to begin with).

I would continue with the 7 1/2' but continually keep your eye out for an 8-8 1/2' C (Husky) model.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are spots on the blade for more trip springs would it help if i put 2 more trip springs on it?

·
Registered
660 Posts
How many tripsprings are on it now? 3 right?

Does it constantly trip too easily?

No need to add more springs, that'll just make it trip HARDER and possibly damage your truck or the entire plow.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I installed a 8.5 Fisher V on a 03' Ford f-350 4 door crew cab with 8' box and 6 speed trans to boot,not my ideal plow rig but the owner has had no complaints,he taped the Fishstick to the shifter with so much tape he can shift with the Fishstick:p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for the input but i have decided to pass on the truck and fix my 91 f-250 reg cab with a 8 ft box

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh heck.

I thought you OWNED this truck.

Either you NEED a crew cab or you don't.

Make that decision first. Then make the decision of if you want to plow with it.

Given a choice, max I'd go is an extended cab.

Funny, thats what I have :eek:

·
Registered
333 Posts
alot of landscapers use those trucks.i know one has 4 f350 drw super cabs 4 doors with platform rack bodies and 8 ft meyer plows.you learn how to use what you got.good rig if you had a crew of guys working for you

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know mine is too long. 99 Ford F250, extended cab, longbed, powerstroke, but you have to use what you have!:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have an 03 Chevy 2500HD Crew cab and for the type of plowing I do its not too long. I do roadways and large lots so I have no problem with it. I also Have a 7.5 blade on it and don't have a problem when turning with my rear wheels going through unplowed snow. Is it tight in a culdesac? YES. Would I want to use it for driveways ? No.

Ray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts