Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1977 chevy 4x4 vin number CKR147112...ETC.. It has been in my family since it was new so I know that the only thing ever done to it was the motor was bored and the heads shaved. It has a small block 400. Now, every site that i have been to says that the 400 was not available to the half ton truck! It also has a 12 bolt rear with 3.07 gears. I also checked the RPO decal and it verifies a 400cid engine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Anyone remember the 454SS truck? It was a 1500 half ton regular cab truck, like my body style, not sure what year they started and stopped. Only came in 2WD though. It said 454SS on the back fender near the taillight. :shades Nice truck. Mike

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Hey crazed,

Wanna sell it? how about posting some pics of it?:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jcurtis

I couldnt get rid of it if i wanted too! This will be my project for the next few years. Where can I get some good doors from? I hate to go OEM but are the repros really just as good?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive been plowing with a 78 k10 4 speed since 97,had the truck since 93.couple of years back the shift started hitting the dash,cab was about ready to fall off. had to have another set of doors to line everything up,had to settle on a used set(that the bottoms hadnt rusted off of). did just enough body work to pass inspection, now its about ready for more. just cant junk it, its been a good one. picking up a 77 k20 next week,cant pass it up for $400. what part of va. are you in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
razedhick3

I have a 78 Chevy blazer that I am reworking for a plow truck. I got doors, frnders, floor all from JC Whitney. Parts are ok not as good as OEM but sure alot better in price. I figure that I could replace 2-3 times for what it costs for OEM When you can find them.

steve

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
sonjaab said:
Mike......The SS 454 pickup was produced from 90 to 93.
There was a far earlier 454 pickup, but I'm not sure if it carried the SS badging. It was late 70s or maybe early 80s or both. For a while it was the fastest american ride available.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
You can get some really good repro parts from LMC Truck

www.LMCTRuck.com I believe.

There is also Chevy Duty and Tuckers Chevy parts, sorry I don't have the links to them

There is also Goodmark

There is one other manufacturer, my brother in law got parts from them that were a great fit... I will have to ask him what the name was.

As you restore it, post pics and keep us in the loop. I love the late 70 - mid 80's GM iron.:shades

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys want to see some high prices? Check out repro prices for the rear side doors for a Suburban, or (gasp) the barn doors.

·
Registered
609 Posts
trust me you can find anything 73-79 dodge chevy and ford on ebay for cheap. JC Whitney has the patch panels too

·
Registered
4 Posts
A kid @ work has a 76 factoy 454 truck. Short wheelbase bucket seats w/ center console. It came new w/ a hugger orange paint job. So much power he can't get it to hook up.
Darrell P.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts