Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to using a meyer and booooyee are they differnt:D Had my pivot pin break on the last acount had to call in the fisher. # hours into the storm the E-60 motor went $139.00 bucks to replace that. Still trying to fix the pin the damn thing sheard and is stuck in the "A" frame. But the plow did alright.....stacked well. Im gonna posty some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Grease

I had a pivot pin break one night at an account where there were no lights, that sucked. Especially cause the cops were watching and didn't even offer to shine their light for me....oh well. I have since got a newer plow and it has fittings for those pesky pivot pins. I keep them greased up real well and havn't had a problem since.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pin removal

On the A frame opposite of where the pin inserts there is a small hole just large enough to get an air hammer in to pound out the pin, with a little help from the flame wrench it should drive out. The meyer replacement pins come with grease zerks to prevent that.

Good Luck :burnout Scott

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my pins didnt come with fittings!!!!!!!!:mad: I tried to beat it out and heat it up.............didnt work. Had to cut the tube off and weld a new one on

·
Registered
434 Posts
Was this plow brand new?

Chuck B.:huh

·
Registered
133 Posts
just another reason why you have to charge top dollar for plowing services...........sh** breaks down.

please excuse me, I have been getting alot of
"really that much"???? :headwall

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No its not a new plow it came with the truck but not on it. The guy i bought it from had another F250 that he crashed. He took the plow off it and threw it in with this truck. I had to put it on but i said to myself "ill give it a try before i replace it with a Fisher." Now im starting to wish I just sold the damn thing and put a fisher on it like my other trucks.:mad:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yep thats about how meyers plows are they like to eat parts...if i were ya i would throw on a fisher and be done with it...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Here's all you need to buy.

A C-8 Moldboard
A C-8 Sector
A C-8 A-Frame
And 2 C-8 Angling cylinders.

Comes to around $1500 NEW.

And you'll be set for years to come.

That ST-90 that you have is a Homeowner Quality plow (Even says so on The Meyer Site!).

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
MD

MD before you do anything with that meyer i have the fix for that ford truck direct bolt up western 7.5 two seasons on it with defelctor frame mount is for your year plow wiring harness everything complete 1,000.00 you pay frieght its a deal of the century and i am being straight up with ya

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Pickering- Im a fisher man myself and I really would like another V-plow but I'd like to talk to you about it. Also don't you run a meyer blade? What model is yours and what luck have you had with it. Feel free to give me a call to chat about the Western.
443-864-8540
Nextel Direct Connect 165*132895*1
Thanks
NICK

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use mostly meyers plows an never really have any troubles,but the 1 st90 did break the pivot pins and they were a pain to get out I heated the pins up untill they were cherry red and air chizzled them out. The meyers are good for in city plowing because you always are hitting stuff.

·
Registered
610 Posts
that looks like what my plow did when i hit the man hole cover.

lifted the blade only thing holding it on was the springs

just repaired my blade yesterday
youll need ALOT of heat and an air hammer
on the frame side they come out pretty easy with heat
on my c-8 the rear of the moldboard covers the pin tube
so you cant get heat directly on the tube
i used alot of heat and a c-clamp type ball joint press
to remove the frozen pin

fortunatley my route is close enough to my shop that we threw it in the back of the truck and i plowed with my back up
john:usa :usa

·
Registered
610 Posts
tommy
your not related to a guy named SANTO by any chance

my homeowner 7.5 as you call it has never left me down

my commercial c-8 cost me alot of money this last storm

john:argue

1 - 20 of 23 Posts