Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor old Western cable operated pump works very slow as it angles to the right. The motor seems to strain as it angles right. This is just an intermittent problem, only does it once in a while.
The pump was serviced sometime around the first of November and there were no problems at that time.
Last night I tried to do a little adjusting of the cable and it didn't seem to help. It works real fast to the left but sometime is really slow to the right. All of my adjusting had no effect on the left angle.
Could it possibly be a bad quick coupler or hyd. hose??

Also, if the motor is getting tired, will it cause it to raise a little slow??

Any ideas???
Mark K

It's snowing right now as I type!!!!! payup

·
Registered
121 Posts
A tired motor could cause it to lift slow but so could the pump. Does it get slower as it warms up? As far as the angle speeds go the adjustments are very touchy. Remove the 5-sided cover. There is a lever that is attached to the cable. Is the lever 90° to the cable. If it is not you will need to back out the setscrew where the cable enters the valve block (be careful as this setscrew will strip easily if it is rusted in) and turn the jam nut clockwise to increase the right angle speed. You can refer to page 14 to see what i am talking about. Click on the link.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/6406_030092.pdf

It could be a coupling but i doubt it. A clogged disconnect should affect angling both ways as fluid has to go in and out as you angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts