Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my rubber deflector from Nate today.

At first I tried mounting it with just the bolts but soon after found myself at Home Depot buying 2" wide flat stock steel.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought I'd throw this one in too, I opened the door to go outside this morning and discovered something missing from my Jag! (note: it's not the missing fog light). :mad: :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good. About the same as mine, except mine was free - it is mine belt, probably the same as what yours is made out of. I used flat strap for mine also, but put more of a downward angle on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about the angle and figured that was the best way to do it. Should I have angeled it downward more? What difference would it make?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Peter I think it's setup fine. Mine is mounted the same, and in the first year or so it started to curl down, I assume under its own weight. It now has a nice curl downward, but can still bend up when the snow pushed it in a pile.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i also put a retaiing plate on mine... it just seems like it would hold it on better... as for the little use i have gotten out of it this year it seems to work good... i also got mine off of nate...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yea, the hood ornament is missing and where is the front license plate? Also, the inner passenger side headlight looks different, unless its missing. :confused: I think the thief wanted your passenger side front tire, but couldnt get to it because of that bush sticking out, :D, so he settled for a hood ornament. :cool: Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, some jagoff had the balls to rip off my hood ornament right in front of my house. The car isn't on the road right now, that's why there's no plate and passenger side light is broken that's why it's darker.

Just a few months ago someone went into my truck right where it's sitting in the picture and stole my wallet, mp3 player and leatherman tool.

Next time someone touches one of my vehicles I'm gonna pull an American History X on them. :mad:

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Looks good, you are still at less than half of what you would of spent on a deflector.

I got a few coming from him also, going to do the same thing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I dont know if your kit was shipped with 5/16" or 3/8" bolts with fender washers, we made the switch last week sometime after we got a couple complaints of bolts breaking. you might want to angle it down a little more to get the full effect

·
Registered
609 Posts
If I can source flat steel for reasonable <50¢ a foot (1½" wide 10 gauge) then the new kits will come with them. here is the pic that I couldnt find earlier

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nate, I like your signature. :shades The "T" in Timbrens should be capitalized though and you spelt receive wrong, LOL! :D I cant help it, busting chops is something Im good at. Oh Im also good at finding fault with everything, LOL! Mike :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts