Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's December 18 th and I'm already in the Zone. Every year for some reason I start getting nervous and moody (my wife says)around the end of Sep. or Early Oct. preparing for the snow removal season. I know many of you work for yourself year round and may have more time to prepare. I never do. I work for a large earth moving company in the summer months, I'm a blaster. It's that transition every fall from blowing things up in the summer to moving snow in the winter that gets me. I'm always trying to tie up loose ends from one thing and getting started on the next. It usually takes me till after christmas to calm down and get in the zone. I am now in the zone. Relaxed, calm, and am having a great beggining to the season. I have a good system down now and it's working. It always takes me a couple snows to get comfortable, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The ZONE...

Like you said it's the same every year. 2 storms behind me now and I'm feeling better. Next storm I get to try out the new Daniels pull plow. I'm psyched :cool:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
"I know many of you work for yourself year round and may have more time to prepare. "

Hahha ha ha haa ha

That was funny LOL :grinz Don't we wish that were the case.

I hear ya. I just told my wife tonight after the 5th night in a row of getting up at 3:30 AM for a salt run that I'm also now finally in the Zone. And winter is still a few days away! :eek: Usually that doesn't happen for me until January. Bring it on Ole Man Winter!!
plowing!

·
Registered
905 Posts
dynamike said:
I know many of you work for yourself year round and may have more time to prepare.
That was a good one BRL:D ,I spent half the night before the first storm getting my plow ready as i spent the previous month going over everone elses!
I know what your saying though Mike and yes,i also get in a "groove" and calm down after the first couple storms,that is untill something breaks,then you can throw the whole groove thing right out the window:headwall

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"may have" I said may have. I know everyone is busy, I just meant that I'm usually out of town all week in the summer and fall. I usually leave the house around 2:30 monday morning and get home sometime Friday night. Try to spend some time with my wife and kids, and there is not much time for anything else.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm was in the same boat as Arc Burn, the night of the first storm I was still boltin up the plow:rolleyes: Every thing always seems to get done last minute under the gun:burnout

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Mike,
I just didn't want you to think we were all sitting around smoking our pipes by the fire, reading comic books waiting around for snow season because we were all ready to go back in September ;)

Arc Burn,
You gotta find yourself a better groove, man! In this biz, stuff breaks, guaranteed. If stuff breaking messes up your groove you gotta change something. When you're really "in the groove", whne the stuff breaks, you just methodically & calmly move to Plan B, then C, D, E or however many it takes to get the work done, no sweat. That's when you're in the groove LOL. The snow just gets moved somehow, and the icy conditions taken away. When spring rolls around, then I'll have time to be upset or worried about breakdowns :cool: Of course I've really had myself up against some big walls at times in the past, so I can calmly post this here now LOL Nothing fazes me anymore, and if all else fails, start breaking out the stick plows.

·
Registered
905 Posts
BRL,I'm in the process of getting out of snow removal and into plow sales and repairs,this being the first sales/repair season full time i wanted to keep a dozen or so plow accounts just to be safe, so not only am i juggling my problems but now everyone elses to boot!

Mike-I know what you were saying man,and there isn't enough time some years to get your eggs in one basket but it all comes out in the wash:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.