Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i JUST CHANGED THE FLUID IN MY WESTERN PRO PLOW UNI-MOUNT AND NOW I HAVE NO POWER TO THE PLOW. i HAVE CHANGED THE SELINOID AND I HAVE LIGHTS . IF I HOOK A BATTERY CHARGER DIRECT TO THE CONNECTIONS THE CONTROL BOX LIGHTS UP WHEN I TRY TO LIFT AND ANGLE RIGHT. OTHER THEN THAT NOTHING. THE SNOW IS COMING AND I HAVE NO PLOW IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE CALL ME AND WORK ME THROUGH THIS BEFORE I FLIP MY LID AND START THROWING STUFF.

THANKS

RICH

586-634-6382

·
Registered
447 Posts
Grounds, bad wire, thats all I can think of off hand....did you remove the pump from the truck to change the fluid. Could be a simple connection. Wish I could help more. sorry. Good Luck. Just hear 6-10 for us in South East Michigan. Sweet

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
"IF I HOOK A BATTERY CHARGER DIRECT TO THE CONNECTIONS THE CONTROL BOX LIGHTS UP WHEN I TRY TO LIFT AND ANGLE RIGHT"

So the controller has power?

Where are you hooking the battery charger to?

Did you undo the harness connections when you changed the fluid?

Maybe a dumb question, but did you hook up the new solenoid exactly the same as the old one was hooked up?

Like this?

~Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i replaced it with a western selinoid.. now i just tested the control unit that raises and lowers and angles the plow and i am not getting power to it, so i unhooked it and tested it with a test light and i am onlt getting power to one of the six little "holes" and this is with power hooked up directly to it can the control unit be bad?? and if the selinoid it bad will that cause the unit not to power up?? and i used the diagram that was posted on here a few hours ago and that worked to allow the headlights to light up and if i run a jumper from the power lug of the selinoid and to the small lug on the right i hear the pump motor kick in ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also is there a fuse or relay i should check

·
Registered
243 Posts
topgunlandscaping said:
i JUST CHANGED THE FLUID IN MY WESTERN PRO PLOW UNI-MOUNT AND NOW I HAVE NO POWER TO THE PLOW. i HAVE CHANGED THE SELINOID AND I HAVE LIGHTS . IF I HOOK A BATTERY CHARGER DIRECT TO THE CONNECTIONS THE CONTROL BOX LIGHTS UP WHEN I TRY TO LIFT AND ANGLE RIGHT. OTHER THEN THAT NOTHING. THE SNOW IS COMING AND I HAVE NO PLOW IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE CALL ME AND WORK ME THROUGH THIS BEFORE I FLIP MY LID AND START THROWING STUFF.

THANKS

RICH

586-634-6382
Rich was the plow working correctly before you started to work on it.

or was it not working and these are the two things you treid to do to correct another problem.

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
There is a 10 amp inline fuse on the power wire for the controller. IF you don't have one (if it was cut out for whatever reasons) then you may have a fried controller.

Step one is to make sure the controller is getting power.... IS the power wire plugged directly into the fuse box? Is the power wire connected using a fuse tap? If it is connected using a fuse tap, is that fuse good?

~Chuck

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Try double checking the grounds

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok guys thanks for all the help. I have good news bad news. good news is i found out i fried my control box and selinoid, thank god angelos is open when there is a threat of a storm and they are only a hour away, si spent the extra 20 dollars and got the hand held unit ( told the old lady it was the only one avaible) got the plow working and then i went to make sure all my connections are tight and i broke one of the pins in the harness on the plow side, so back i go to angelos it is now 3am and im buying more parts. well when i got back i was to tired so im going to go wire the new harness right now just splicing some wires. so thanks again and lets see what this new truck can do( its new to me) 93 f-250 with a 7 1/2" pro plow (western) and its all one color

Thanks

Rich
Top Gun Renovations and Landscaping,LLC

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
topgun

If you get in to big a jamb brother call me you can either meet me have way or i could deliver a spare unimount to ya to use.

If anglo s doesnt have parts hollar i have wiring harmess for both plow side and truck side ,]

Also be careful when changing the plow harness out an dont mix up wiiring do one wire at a time so you dont end up with more trouble.

You need to get a move on too has your about three hours to gametime Ill is getting nailed iam about 1.5hrs from ya

phone 989 835-5470 cell 989-859-7428

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i have it all hooked up and now it was working just fine but now it wont angle either way. it trys to go right but it acts like there is something holding it back and it clicks when i try yo go left. up and down its just fine. any ideas?? oh yeah thanks alot to fred pickering that is a true business owner right there may props to him..

Rich

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check to see if the blue and green wires under the cover are getting juice. The white with the yellow is to go down(valve on top far right from back) There are only 3 wires that control all the valves in your harness. The other 6 wires are ground and plow lights. How much fluid did you add when you changed it? Did you angle it side to side before you lifted it to bleed it so you don't get hydrolock?? Since this is a 93 truck, and you added a handheld controller, i hope the know it alls at Angelos told you that you have to run an extra ground wire with a handheld controller to get it to work right. Needs to go from the negative on your solenoid back to battery. Look up the wiring on line, and it will tell you whick side is suppose to get 12V at what function.Your one valve crossover has to release to alow fluid to flow back to the other cylinder through pump motor. When you say it seems like it is holding back, it sounds like one of the coils is not shifting to let the fluid through the crossover. Did this plow work before,I know you just got this truck. I'm in Warren am a Western dealer, you can contact me Monday if you still have problems. I have a plow to inslall Monday, but if we get this snow, shop will be opened sometimes tonight. John 586 754-7009

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
topgunlandscaping said:
lets see what this new truck can do( its new to me) 93 f-250 with a 7 1/2" pro plow (western) and its all one color
Let's seee... does that make it... BROWN???:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You lost me with that quote there ezsnow

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I understood "it's all one color" to mean that your truck and plow are the same color. Well, your plow is a western, and it's more than a season old, so you must have a brown truck. (cuz we know that western ain't red anymore!!!)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i was refering to the fact that my old plow truck was blue and had white doors. now i have a truck that is all blue and yes the plow is a nice shade of a modern brown/red combo :haha :haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts