Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys I finally hit a milestone and finally picked up an Oshkosh.. Its a 1946 W-307 5 ton truck that I believe its been re powered with a inline 6 International engine. 23,000 gvw and 5 ton capacity, not a big truck by any means but still a potential work horse for me. Whopping $650 bucks and it ran 5 years ago ! Need brake work and someone removed the pump for the hoist off the tranny, but the pump for the plow should work for that task with a bit of plumbing... unless i can find a bolt on pump.. Anyway whores, here are a couple pics i took while there, hope to bring her home this week and get the brakes fixed and get it running...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Darn even all 6 tires are in really good shape, its last inspection sticker was for 98 ! that's a lot of years on the road !!! Stainless steel grill and molding ! the fenders are rough but should not be too much for a decent body guy to make nice again. and the cab is solid... Its going back to Orange for color. But have to get her a name though to have painted on the engine covers..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice find!!!!!:wink

Should be a great truck for ya!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Gee Walt

Don't you have enough unfinished projects ??? LOL

J K buddy.

i think there's going to have to be a Oshkosh pushers club on LTS pretty soon...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice Walt Glad you got it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
That is AWESOME Walt! Congrats. I know you have wanted one for a while. She is a real beauty! :drool

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL ya never know Matt.................. im not that far away....

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
This I wanna see........:popcorn2:D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Sorry about the delay Walt havnt been feeling to well , iam happy has hell for you truck looks good and i know you have wanted one for some time.

Keep us posted , your getting a big arsenal going there buddy...:wink

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The guy with the lowboy is supposed to call me today so we can set up a time to bring her home.. anyone know a good source to get some fenders ? they are in rough shape.. Fred, anytime i want something I do get it, I just patiently wait until the man upstairs says it is time..;)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brought her home this morning.... I think it may need a starter grrrr darn 12 volt positive ground system. Anyone know how to identify a big ass inline 6 international engine ?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 202 Posts