Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I relieve the hydraulic pressure on a Boss HD RT3 Smart Hitch 2 straight blade?

Earlier today I moved my truck and afterwards noticed a hydraulic fluid leak from the connector fitting. I was able to procure a replacement hose (and a fitting just in case). It appears the previous owner added some type of quick disconnect fitting to the valve side of the hoses, which is where the leak is.
While I was at my dealer getting the part, he made me an offer on a new VPlow that I couldn't refuse. So I need to get through 1 storm (hopefully) before I switch plows. Is it worth changing the hose for 1 storm and 1 driveway?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Every manual i have for Boss plows makes strong mention of the importance of relieving the hydraulic pressure, but none of them detail how to do that. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Why are you changing the hose?
Did you try tightening it first
And recheck the fluid level.

They don’t want you to Loosen the hose for the lift ram while the plow was in the air this will cause fluid to shoot out and the polow to drop on your toes.
With the plow on the ground& in the float position there is no stored energy in your boss hydraulic system.

If you choose to replace the hose, Some fluid will flow out, it’s not under pressure while you remove the hose.
install the new hose, top off the system, run it through all of its functions a couple of dozen times, set it back on the ground put it in float and check the fluid level again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts