Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the wireless remote is out of play (broken and made worse with a soldering iron - you don't want to know) and you are out on a route can you trip some contact points under the cover with a screwdriver to make it raise. Is there a manual pump option to get it raised for driving.

Thanks for any help :grinz

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you've got the side switch for demounting you can raise/lower the plow using that. Or, you can trigger the motor solenoid under the hood with a jumper cable to the trigger post and the plow will raise. On a sno-way if the motor is running yet no functions are wanted then the plow will come up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
All you need is a small jumper, but on the main soleniod there's 2 small posts, one goes to ground, the other comes from the harness, if you go from positive lead on battery to the post from harness, that will engage the solenoid and raise the plow. Remember when doing that tho, to stay on the side of the truck, not between the truck and plow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the solenoid the part at 7 o'clock with the two red wires coming off of it. Do I attach to the left uncovered one or the rubber booted right side one? Do I attach the neg jumper cable to anything on here?

What do I disconnect first after the plow has raised enough to drive?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me get this done :D

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah, that's the main solenoid there in front of the pump(when I had them that was mounted under the hood). But that's also a bit tighter then under the hood too, I would connect one positive lead to the unbooted cable(the one on the left), THEN, stand on the side and just touch the other end of the cable to the positive post on the battery, the plow should come up then. When the plow comes all the way up just take the lead off the battery and you should be good, for real good measure, put your transportation lock on so it can't drop all the way back down. There's also no need for the ground, that's a complete loop as it is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for getting back with the details! I feel a lot better about what to connect where, appreciate the help :wink

Hopefully will be driving it to the shop by lunch time tomorrow and getting my new controller hooked up before the next snow fall. Will let you know how it worked out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This worked except for the plow raising, the motor engaged but nothing happened. I didn't want to leave it attached for too long so after 8-10 seconds I disconnected. Did I not wait long enough?

The plow blade is resting on dry clean concrete, nothing to impede it's journey up. What's plan B?

Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts