Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you snow pro's. I am trying to get a better handle on pricing and thought I should ask you this question:

On a lot or long drive how much square footage of area can you push per up to 3" of snow?

Our average snow is between 2-3" and I was wanting to know what you thought could be done in a hour. A true square footage per hour, not some superman amount.....LOL!

In your amount listed do you include salting too, or just pushing per hour?

Thanks snow pro's!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I usually figure I can do about 40,000 sq ft per hour in a snow of 2-3".

·
Registered
132 Posts
40,000 is a good number to go by, but you have to figure in difficulty of plowing as well. For example, if you have a parking lot with lots of islands, it will take longer. There are a few variables to that pricing method, but probably the easiest/most consistant.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gvlawncare said:
40,000 is a good number to go by, but you have to figure in difficulty of plowing as well. For example, if you have a parking lot with lots of islands, it will take longer. There are a few variables to that pricing method, but probably the easiest/most consistant.
Yes I agree with too many variables to narrow it down. But I was thinking in that range. About 1 acre per hour + or - islands, parked cars, amount of snow etc...

Thanks guys. Glad to know I was thinking in the right direction! :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I had a much longer reply typed up, which went into greater detail about adding time for obstacles in the lots of on the roads (parked cars, islands, loading docks, dumpsters, etc) but I lost it when I accidently deteted it :headwall

What I said, as GV also said, is 40 is a good base, but don't go by that alone, that is only where I start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts