Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pic is blurry but you can get the point.

drumroll please (insert fake ed-mcman style drumroll here) :p

49 - 50# bags of salt, ouch, thank god for airbags:shades

at $2.75 a bag even I couldnt pass that up, everywhere else it is $3.95 a bag if you take a skid or $4.50 for singles. I hope I am able to use it :cash

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
So the dog is thinking to itself . . . . . . OK, where does Nate sit on the ride home.
or . . . will this be enough salt to smother the bad taste of human flesh???

ONE TON ++++ WOW:zoinks

·
Registered
637 Posts
HD

Wow Nate, you got49, 50 pounders= 2450lbs in that Durango?? How did she ride? Hard to pass up a good deal, cause if you go back later it would have been GONE.. Home Depot up the road from my shop is 2.96 for 50lb bag of rock salt. Not bad, but u still got the best deal there Nate!:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she rode a little rough and she hit the bumpstops a few times even with 95# of air in the bags, I need to get the heavy duty ones next, these are only good for 2000# of support.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw Micah's pic at the shop that built my additional leaf springs.
It was loaded at a giant hardware store, the customer signed a release of liability to the store.

They were supposedly on their way from Florida to I think Ohio(somewhere at least several states away)

Not only is it what you can see on top but there are several 80lb bags of concrete in the backseat and trunk.

Luckily the cops stopped them before they left the parking lot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dont bother buying the salt form depot it sucks. i used up about 40 bags of it and its all dust and small rocks i can get bulk mortons dyed blue in michigan north of detroit 2 miles from my house for $47.00 a ton but one good thing about depot is when i bought the 40 bags of salt i also picked up 3 bags of calcium cloride and she rang them up as rock salt $14.99 a bag or $2.95 a bag i would rather pay The 2.95 all the time for calcium cloride

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
topgunlandscaping said:
i also picked up 3 bags of calcium cloride and she rang them up as rock salt $14.99 a bag or $2.95 a bag i would rather pay The 2.95 all the time for calcium cloride

THIEF

·
Registered
12 Posts
The stupidity of some people in this world never fails to amaze me. This attached picture is real -- not doctored in any way -- and was taken last week in Waldorf, MD by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it there in the parking lot of IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures. The car is still running as can be witnessed by the exhaust.

A woman is either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was over jogging up and down on Rt. 925 in the background. The witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal and the police just shook their heads in amazement. The driver finally came back after the police were there and was getting down at the back to cut the twine around the load. They told him to get back until it was taken off.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. The Home Depot store manager made the customer sign a waiver before loading. Both back tires are trashed. The back shocks were driven up through the floorboard. On the roof are many 2X4s, 4X4s and OSL sheets of lumber. The load isn't all that meets the eye either. In the back seat were ten 80-pound bags of concrete! They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. The car is a VW Jetta with FL plates and the guy said he was headed for Annapolis!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great update seawood, and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Seawood,
Welcome to SC.com!

Just so you know, that picture was not taken last week. It's been floating around the internet for years now, and is posted at several other sites like this one. It is a thoroughly entertaining pic for sure, and as is the nature of such forwarded things, there are several versions of where, how & why that all happened LOL. Yours is a version I've heard the most, so maybe it is the truth??

topgunlandscaping,
Just so you know, the materials at one Home Depot are not necessarily the same as what others may have bought. Once in a while I have bought from there & gotten a bad batch like you describe. But most of the time when I have shoped there it has been the same quality as the stuff I get from my regular suppliers. And my regular suppliers have also sometimes gotten a batch of bagged materials like you described. If you go there next week they may be into a new batch that might be more acceptable for your use, so don't count them out as a supplier just in case.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ill keep that in mind if i ever get in a pinch and as for being called a thief. what ever yo there mistake not mine, and i wasnt about to drive back with a truck full of salt to correct there mistake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts