Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to how long has everyone has been plowing/involved in the snow indystry? I have been doing it about 10 yrs. with a couple yrs off about 6 yrs. ago. Let's see how many years expirience we all have combined!plowing! plowing! :feedback

·
Registered
387 Posts
Started as a shoveler when I was 15, and worked for others until I bought my own plow 6 years ago. I have 3 trucks with plows now, 2 that go out regularly, and 1 back-up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This is my fourth year in my own truck. I had been plowing (shotgun with dad or uncle) for 2 years before that, as the highly respected shoveler:haha

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee- I'm a newbie by far then!!!

This is my first year doing full time plowing! with commercial accounts.

I have 5+ years doing residential on the side, and I grew up in the Catskil mountains, so I kinda had to learn how to mange snow there, then I got lucky enough to move into the snow belt 15 years ago and have had to do my own for abut 10 now.

So I guess combined time behind the wheel- 7 years- time behind a stick plow- countless!!!

Bill:D

·
Registered
660 Posts
This will make the 17th season snowplowing with a truck, and 23rd snowplowing and snowblowing if you count my pre-drivers license years behind the wheel of the tractors and blowers in my old neighborhood.

Add a few more to that for riding shotgun with my Dad and being angle boy and shovel boy. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
485 Posts
7 years.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
My Dad let me start plowing the driveway with our farm tractor at age 7, many many moons ago. I bought my first truck at 18, plowing with a radio and heat was a luxury!

I started plowing commercially at 18, that adds up to 25 years of commercial plowing. Although I did a few driveways with the tractor, I don't really count that, but I'd have 36 years plowing.

Can I be that old???:headwall

·
Registered
866 Posts
Wow! They had tractors and trucks back then?!?!:notworthy

Sorry sir- couldn't resist!!!

On another note- I'm glad that we have people with your experience and caliber here- it helps to make this site what it is today.

Bill:D :salute

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This is my lucky 13th. :D

Looking forward to many more.

Everett

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
This is the 4th winter. I learned to plow by buying a 7.5' Fisher for the Dodge 150 in Oct, 2000. The next year added the 3500 with 9' Fisher plow and 2-yd Fisher sander. The following year passed out some Magic Salt samples. Started making and selling Magic this year. Retired to full time plowing this month. Before that I'd never sat in a truck with a plow on it. I'd never even owned a 4wd vehicle.

Even before I bought the plow I was on Chuck's truck site learning.

It just keeps growing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
been plowing

been pushing snow for 34 years most of the time with tandem dumps last 10 yrs with pick up, still love it , and still learning , with all new stuff out there!! Campi !!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I still work with a white cane, learned everything I know from my son, so I don't know much. (Sorry grasshopper couldn't resist.:).
3 years for me, so I know how to walk and am learning how to run. Still askin, "how does thay work?", how come it only snows at night?", and lots of why questions. Typical 3 yr. old stuff.:)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts