Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Okay, try the company itself.
tell them your local dealer isn’t being helpful... they should be able to find the model and stuff you need for the plow.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Silly question, but I assume you realize that no mount exists for any Land Rover, so how good are your welding/fabricating skills?

·
Registered
91 ex MOD Defender
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silly question, but I assume you realize that no mount exists for any Land Rover, so how good are your welding/fabricating skills?
I'd say fair......

The above is a bunch of old scrap steel from work,a Western blade,a Fisher pump and a damaged Land Rover bumper combined.

I hope to do a similar setup for the Defender.

·
Registered
91 ex MOD Defender
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
That was a 1962 Series2a Land Rover. My old daily driver for almost 15 years.

No. The diffs are open on the Defender.
I would get a pair of lockers for the truck myself. All of the early land rovers look the same to me. What is the difference between them externally?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Hey, I just noticed something the model is the first two numbers plus a letter in the serial number according to the covers of the manuals I can find online.

·
Registered
91 ex MOD Defender
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would get a pair of lockers for the truck myself. All of the early land rovers look the same to me. What is the difference between them externally?
I'm not really sure it needs lockers. The old one could push good with open diffs as well.

They are all very similar, just a slow evolution. The Defender has coil spring suspension instead of leaf, a 5 speed gearbox instead of 4, a bit more comfort inside and the legendary 200TDi engine. 2.5L turbo diesel with direct injection.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts