Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this engine would be great and i have all the room I need In my engine bay. This is Gms new 572
A new GM tall deck single plane intake manifold and 850 CFM Demon carburetor deliver enough air and fuel to make the 620 horsepower at 5500 RPM and 650 ft.lbs. of torque at 4500 RPM. Ignition is handled by a GM HEI distributor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no such thing as over kill It may go in to a 76 chevy k20 This is what i have now. I may wait till this one goes its only a few years old The engine that it LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Man that motor must be big bucks. I've read about it before but never got a price. Must have some power right out of the box which is real nice. That 350 you have in there looks good too 76.
Eric

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
For less than 1/2 of that cost you can repower with a cummins and get 2x the torque and 4x the fuel economy.
Dino

·
Registered
668 Posts
From the thread name I thought . . .I've got to see THIS, I'll bet she's hot, but no.:(
Those motors run very close seconds though.:D
Put that in a plow truck and all you'd have to do is sit behind the wheel and THINK about doing your contracts.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dino, I dont think anyone considering a 572 gives a hoot about fuel economy :p

Could do a ton better power wise with less dough with a built BBC. If its a seriously for a plow truck then your nucking futtier than I am. :eek: 520lb ft(stock tune) is usless in the snow......a shade over 800(turned up) is usless in the rain, havent even tried it in the snow since I know were it will lead me.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERKILL!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
If your going to go that far , I think you need more cubic inches check out Sonny Leonard's . you can get 762 cu in 1540 HP naturally aspirated engine for your truck for $ 51,900 . THe high RPM capabilities will really help in 4LO :confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Prosno, If I had that in my truck I dont think I would get much plowing done, it would take twice the time to do my route or maybe I would end up driving off the road. LOL

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'll take two. Oh, they come in pairs?
If you think about it though, if you leave her in the truck until you have to go then all you have to do is ask her to move away from the steering wheel, and you have a nicely warmed seat.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK...how'd you get a picture of my girl friend for Tuesday nights?

Seriously, stick to a motor that is geared for the right kind of horsepower it was designed for!:D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Prosno ill tell you one thing that owuldnt be in my truck but some were else nice and warm and i would be lossing money that night.

Rich:burnout :greenange :burnout

·
Registered
9 Posts
'Scuse me for intruding. I know you guys don't know me, but I just stumbled across this forum a few days ago and have spent a lot of time reading around on this--beats the heck out of TV. Just retired from the Air Force and I'm still job hunting. So please humor me--I have nothing else to do.

I found a web page with info (specs/prices) on the 572 engine:

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Sneak/Previews.html

Stacey David (has the TV show, Trucks) also has one he's putting in a '67 Chevy. You can check it out on his web page:

http://www.staceydavid.com/page1.htm

Look under "Copperhead."

At first I thought you had my wife in that picture but then I realized the hair was too short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Pelican. I just moved down to Texas from Colorado Springs where I was stationed for the last 8 years. Not much plowing here in the Fort Worth/Dallas area. Although we did get the worst snowstorm they've had here in 26 years--a staggering two and one-half inches. Doesn't really compare to the 5 feet we got in Colorado. (It's the only place I've ever lived where the storm was so bad that the police and sheriff department said "If you are caught driving, you WILL be arrested.") But then the saying here is "If God had wanted Texans to ski, he would have made bulls*t white."

Absolutely loved being the Air Force. Got to spend some time in England, West Germany (before the wall came down), Spain, Italy (freakin' loved Italy), and even got to spend the summer of 02 in Saudi Arabia (130 in the shade every day). Passed through a few places like Ireland (and enjoyed a true pint or two of Guinness), Crete and Egypt. Landed in Cairo at night--flew right over the great pyramids and they were all lit up--awesome.

I have an '87 Chevy Suburban 4X4 that I call my Ghetto Winnebago. I want to restore it some day. I love the body style. New/late-model Suburbans are a dime a dozen and nobody pays attention to them. But when a cherried-out Suburban with my body style goes by, people stop and look. She has over 248,000 miles on her and has been on a few road trips to the NASCAR races at Talladega and Texas. Talladega...man, that's the biggest and most hard-core tailgate party you've ever seen. I’ll trying and post a picture of my buddy from Ireland at the races at Talladega. He got to meet one of the local cops.

Okay, I've blathered on long enough. Thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy this page. It's not only interesting and fun but it can be a wealth of information.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.