Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woundering if anyone has Honda snow blowers, single stage? If so how do you like them. Noticed that Home Depot has carried them for a few years. I might be doing subing for the sidewalk grew this year to help out, so I'm in the market for a blower that will be easy to get in and out of the back of the truck. Thanks for the input..
Scott

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have been running the 521s and a 621 for years now. Very reliable, rugged, and work great in most conditions. I think changing the belts and cutting edges are the only thing we have ever done to them besides oil changes and gas. Unfortunately they no longer make either model. I have heard that the 520 is just as good as its’ predecessors, can't imagine it wouldn't be. We just picked up a 929T this weekend......can't wait to try it out!

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
We have 2 621's and like was said ust change bets and rubber auger belting. Although it seems the belts get thrown off easier as the units age.
Dino

·
Registered
75 Posts
Into my 4th season with my 520.. One hell of a machine.

I do all res. and this unit gets used alot. One man load & unload,
takes reg gas, lots of power.

Just changed the paddles this year, belt still in good condition.

Can't go wrong with this one.

Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with the honda 520 it's an animal. I have 7 single stage units and the honda's are better then my 3650's in powdery conditions there about equal in wet snow there is no comparison. I wish they still made the 621's they are even a little better then the 520's in heavy snow I was lucky to find one on ebay with electric start for $480. in mint condition used by a homeowner in N.H..:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts