Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up a HS928TA this weekend and all I can say is "WOW"! It seems to be a very well put together unit. The controls are easy to use, cutting edge depth is easily adjusted by way of a foot lever, and the hydrostatic transmission works excellent.

We have always had great luck with all of our Honda powered equipment. They have proven to be reliable and dependable in all our applications, so it only seemed logical we consider a Honda unit for our latest addition to the snow removal fleet. We needed to add a blower that would handle the wet stuff better than the 521s and 621, but would fit in the back of a pick-up. I have looked at the Ariens and John Deere units in the past, but I was intrigued by the Honda's hydrostatic transmission. I have never bee a big fan of Tecumseh engines either.

The engine starts and runs on the first pull (it is brand new, so it should). The forward and reverse speeds are infinitely selectable throughout the speed range, and the machine seems to have plenty of power. We have about six inches of wet, rain packed snow around the shop, and it handled it fine. The track drive works great on the ice, and best of all, IT CLIMBS STAIRS!. We have a set of timber stairs at the shop and it went right up them. The rubber tracks didn't tear them up, and the adjustable cutting height raised the blower right out of the way. I don't think I would be driving this unit up a customers set of Redwood or Cedar deck stairs, but it will work fine for Timber, Granite, and Natural stone steps in some of the walkways we clear (the Gravelys and Walkers do NOT climb stairs).

My first impression of the blower's performance seems to make the extra $ worthwhile. I can't wait to try it out in the next storm. I will keep everyone posted on how it works out!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts