Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
They do move a lot slower than most wheel driven snowblowers.They are pretty much unstoppable though.They will even climb stairs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We picked a 9HP model before the holidays. Check this thread for my 1st impression. We still haven't had a chance to try it out in a storm yet, but it is bound to snow at some point.

Last week we managed to pick up a HS1132TA for a song. It was new this season and at a dealership on consignment. It's seems to be just like the HS928TA, but bigger.

We loaded both machines in trucks last night in anticipation for snow that never happened. Those tracks sure are nice on the ramps.

I'll keep everyone posted........if we ever get anymore snow this winter!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Turning the track units is a serious PITA. Using one for any length of time will destroy your shoulders if you have much maneuvering.

Stick to wheels unless you have one loooong straigtaway.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
we have a track drive MTD Yardman. It has a brake - turn system that lets even my kids run it. Just squeeze the handle on the side you want to go to. It is easy to load and climbs the ramps well. Not real sure about the quality though. Seems to break drive shear pins easily. Once I got the motor service by a pro it starts and runs great.
Anybody else use one??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The turn system/differential on the YardMan/MTD's is Light Duty & will not stand up to commercial use.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Oh great one, what difference is there in blowing snow at ones driveway, and doing sidewalks at commercial accounts?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Lawngodfather said:
Oh great one, what difference is there in blowing snow at ones driveway, and doing sidewalks at commercial accounts?
Are you kidding? A machine that you use at your house will see 15 storms a year maybe depending on where you live where as the same machine in a snow removal companys hands will see the same # of storms but 20-30 times the hours on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts