Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else done this too? I used 3 inch channel, 1 inch steel rod and 1 inch id pipe, along with 1/4 inch plate total cost was under 40 bucks. But a couple hours time. Here is a closed pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the open pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Walt- That looks good, can you get a picture of how it mounts to the bed rails and bumper?

Welcome to SC, SANTO.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John on the bed rails is 1/4 x 3 inch steel. cant remember how long but i udes 2 1/2 inch gr.8 bolts. D.S. has the 1" id pipe welded to it w/a hole through it. Passenger side is the same but has nothing welded to it. As for the bumper side 1/4 inch plate wth the 1" pipe welded on the d.s , and i used 2" square tubing welded to the 1/4 x 3 and used another 1/4 x 3 on top with a hammered down overlap so the mount will slide up on to it. I will try and get some picks fo ya.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Wow Walt

It came out great. Now steal that digi camera again for a few pics of the front end of the truck with the plow mounted :)

Jay

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Nice fabrication . I always like to see it . Its America's ingenuity

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice job Walt. It looks good:)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the compliments. Here are some more picks. The welds are kinda poor because it was my first time with a stick welder, but you will notice the good welds that were done with a mig!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
back view

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
passenger side bottom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
end of swing mount channel

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops forgot pic:headwall

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
botton passenger side

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
top pass side

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last one for now

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Walt- nice job- don't worry about the welds, nothing a little grinding, primer and paint can't take care of! Despite what one person so far has said I'm impressed- it looks good an will definitely do the job, $40, a couple of hours and the feeling you get when finishing the job are definitely worth more than a few hundred dollars spent on a factory mount if you ask me.

Bill

Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
looks good.. just hit it with the grinder a bit and slap some paint on it and it'll look ever better...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts