Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out plowing last night everything was working fine including the Hi beam on my Boss Plow. When I got to my second lot the hi-beams didn't work. Anyone know what might have cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated:feedback

Thanks in advance:drinkup

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
try

checking plow/truck light connection . maybe a bad single pin ? at lest unplug and plug to check then look for obvious damage ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
You might what to check the bulb conections. Because to has happened to me. I took the light apart and the metal conection was loose. And I just bent it a little and fixed it. :shades

·
Registered
79 Posts
Weird you had this post CNY Joe, i was out late with my 550 tonight and turned my high beams on and THEY DIDN"T WORK EITHER!! Must be catching...:headwall Yeah, I think they either are loose or the bulbs are bad. Wait a min... I just had new bulbs put in, and the relay and ground wires were checked yesterday. Hmmm.........WELP! It could be they got knocked loose. I live on 2 mi of pot-hole filled gravel road. That could be the problem. I will work on them tomorrow night. Let you know what materializes. JON

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I have no idea what the problem is on those high beams!:headwall Bulbs are perfect!!! No bad ground, plenty of juice. I can't figure this one out. Hope you had better success. ;) Jon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys, I finally got them to work. I found a loose connector were they tapped into the highbeams under the hood. Must have vibrated loose.::drinkup I have to pay more attention to where the road ends:headwall ...lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee- you're not refering to the dirt I saw on your blade recently are you? j/k! It happens- mine turned out to be corrosion- it also knocked my regular high beams out at the same time!

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plead the fifth...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boss web site tech support

I had some problems with my hi-beams being dimmer than the low beams from the time that I wired the pickup on. This year I finnaly got mad and traced the wireing diagram. It all looked fine. I got on the Boss web site one night and asked for tech support. I e-mailed them about the problem. The very next morning I had a response and a new wiring diagram. It consited of switching two of the pin connectors on the back of the bright lights on my 87 Chevy. I tried it and it worked fine. That is what I call service. I really like my 9'2" V and the people who support it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts