Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered two new springs both 47/47 right now I have 39/37 and the front dips to much for me so what will be the characteistics of the new springs and will it sit higher with the plow off?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I would go with a 48 in the drivers side,and a 47 in the pass side.It is what I have been using for years,and it works great.It will ride stiffer than than what you have now,but it is worth it for the better handling both with and without the plow.I would still recommend Timbrens if you don't already have them.

My stock springs were 039\046,and i gained only about an inch of lift with the plow off.They aren't any longer,to add lift,they just carry the weight better.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, they didnt have 48 only 47 they were backordered and had no idea when they are gonna get any in so I can always change them later. The timbrens should be here any day!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Check with another dealer,and have them do a local dealer search.I'm sure another dealer has them in stock.If they are on backorder,it shouldn't take too long to clear it.It would be a shame to waste one spring for a few weeks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just ordered my 048/047 springs they should be here on monday
dodgeparts.com
it took them a week to ship them out but they did it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.