Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Nice truck bigdog203 Can't find them old chevies any more .Nothing like a solid front axel the only thing that would be nice is to shoe horn a nice big diesel in there :grinz

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
bigdog what did that smith cost and what is the capacity?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nothing like an old and clean plow truck. I've always liked that body style, i had a 2wd mason dump like that, but it was shot. I'd like to find a project truck like that this spring maybe after i get my Mack 6 wheeler dump.

The guy i worked for this summer has one like yours. It has a 6.5L diesel (6.2L blew). He added a banks turbo and it's straight piped. It's got quite a bit of power. Here's a photo of it.

Attachments

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
:D Gotta love those GM's you can't kill them.

I am in the market for a late 80's Dump, so I'm keeping my eyes open.

I suppose I could get a project truck and build it up, and maybe I will eventually. In the mean time, I 'm gonna look for something already done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice truck,I love the old chevys.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you guy's keep posting them good o'l chevy's im gonna get jealous:jk

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nice Chevys there. They both look really good for their age. The 454 is a nice motor I think, my friend has that motor in his 92 Chevy 2500 regular cab pick up and it is quite powerful. His truck has a Fisher RD MM1 plow on it. Thanks for the pictures. Mike :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice truck Bigdog. I wish mine was 4x4. Then I probably wouldn't get rid of it. I'm thinking of selling mine in the spring. Its a 83 c3500 GMC. Runs like a top. Cosmetically its just OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bigdog203
It is one nice looking old chevy :cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
im not a chevy guy but i do love the late 70s early 80s trucks.they were bears back then.now ford and dodge are making the nicer rigs

·
Registered
333 Posts
well my buddy has a 3500 dump and i have a f350 dump same beds.well 4 yards of crushed stone doesn't make my truck hit the ground but his sinks down to the sup stoppers on the frame.chevy needs to get there act together.they built real bears of trucks back in the 70s and 80s.now they make them like cars.
thats why ford is #1 in truck sales every year.ford uses older frame design solid front axles where the chevys use the newer style.they need to make a few changes and they will be back to what they use to be.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sweet truck, My old boss had one just like it, except it had a 10' dump on it. I told him I would be interested in it but he sold it in a fire sale the sob. Im sure he unloaded it cheap.
Hey I thought Ford was runnin IFS on there pickups now including the F250? I have a Ram2500hd with a straight axle. Also I think Ford is number one in sales due to the f150 Grocery getter. Cheapest pickup avaliable and also the most liberal financing. (They approve everyone). Im not bashing the big boys 450 and 550's. Tough trucks. Lets compare Apples to apples here on the ford versuses chevy. How many leafs on the 3500 verses the f350? Also who has newer springs? Blah blah blah :cool:
T

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think Ford is number one in sales due to the f150 Grocery getter
They did sell over 2 million powerstrokes and nots not including the f-150.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well im not bashing chevy.i like there rigs but the fords have what im looking for.if you asked what i would buy back in 79 80 hands down chevy:D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
phillyplowking1 said:
They did sell over 2 million powerstrokes and nots not including the f-150.
You think they did that in one year?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts