Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy got an old pushmower from someone's trash pile and it still works. How about heating and bending the blade ends some more to swoosh the snow out the side chute? Might clog, might not. Might spin off balance too! Do you think I have too much time on my hands right now?;)

Reactions: Call How

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
Roger, you are worse than me! toooo much time on ones hands-LOL

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
The heat and bend method wouldn't work. The blade ends would be too close to the center to send the snow out the discharge. You also need the wing tips on the blade to make the vacumm.

What would work is attaching stiff rubber flaps to the ends of the blades, but ih82plow brings up a good point, you'll have to get out there every 2 inches so the mower will pass over the snow.
:scramble

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
What if ya torch off an inch or so off the front of the deck. Use conveyor belting and angle iron to attach maybe. Oh ya one more thing. Forget the safeness of it :eek: Maybe a bagger attachment LOL:D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Roger

After you do that and make millions sellling them , we can all say we knew you .

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
trim the front up, then skirt the sides and back... then just make the blades larger with some rubber, and to fit closer to the body of the mower and the ground- it could function sorta like a centrifugal water pump. only problem is it might tend to throw the snow forward out the opposite side of the discharge chute. just thinking out loud here... have fun, but you really do need to find something to better occupy your time!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Roger

BWhite said:
After you do that and make millions sellling them , we can all say we knew you .
LOL ... and as I spend my life nestled in warm climates from selling novel inventions for snow removal, I can sit back from the sun deck of my 3 deck yacht and say, "See, I told them the idea wasn't so rediculous afterall !"

I guess it was a way to enjoy a lawnmower that normally equates to notions of warm weather and green grass, while ridding the snow! Maybe I'll switch to one of those Troy-built style lawn vacs instead and aptly name it Roger-built! The deluxe version will dispense flavored syrp into a paper cone collector!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I'm on lunch so I have time on my hands right now!!;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Its good for one pass....maybe, but what happens when you get a windrow going? The snow would get built up too much to go over. Good thinking but I dont know how it would work. ;)
Eric

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
john222

Remember, the prototype is from someone's trash pile. And once the Roger-Built gets to market, it won't have a warranty for me to honor!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Actually roger ya just need to make a blade like a rotary snowplow train then you would just have to tip the mower deck up to blow snow and when its down it would still cut grass... it might be marginly dangerous to operate but thats what warning stickers are for...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You mean something like this?

"WARNING! This device has been tested in locations that never see snow or cold temperatures. The operator assumes all liability and risks, thereby releasing Roger-Built Corp. from any and all responsibilities, be it personal injury to one's self or others, product damage, property damages, and economic as well. OPERATE AT OWN RISK".

That should just about cover everything!;)

Harbor Freight Tools sounds like a good starting point to begin unloading this risky device! Maybe I can get Jerre Heyer to set a couple of them out front of his place?;) ;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since lawn tractors now-a-days have built-in beverage can holders, I might as well design in a coffe/hot cocoa mug holder too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts