Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thats about what my Church account parking lot looked like at midnight last night,.......ONLY it was due to a LOT of salt!!! :D

Still just flurrying here in PA at 8:30AM

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh, and.....GO out and get your morning paper before you plow it and burry it!

:D

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't know about the rain part. Its 25 degrees right now at 8:50AM.

Down towards the city, it may switch over, but they're saying its gonna snow all day up in the N&W burbs. Plus tonite if it does rain I doubt it'll melt it all. They're talking 4-8" before any type of changeover. Rain and sleet will just make it HEAVIER! :rolleyes:

The wait it on!

·
Registered
610 Posts
8:30 started snowing in philly
i think john streets brother must own a salt mine every street in the city has been salted since 6am this morning
john

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I woke up at 9am, and it was already snowing. It is now 10:50am and everything is covered in white. I kind of doubt the rain part too, its very cold out as of right now, and they are calling for the rain changeover around 8pm or so. Isnt it usually colder at nighttime though? Anything is possible. I hope its all snow, I dont mind if it rains and adds a little weight, I just dont want it to melt altogether! Mike :shades

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like a wash-out for my area. Snow turned to rain about an hour ago. Temps have been rising.

I haven't had a day off in so long I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

Better hide from the wife, she always finds things ;)

Mark

·
Registered
333 Posts
handyhaver

its sunday why don't you play with the wife.i know if i was married and i had a day off with the wife i would play with her atleast 4 times that day LOL :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Began snowing at around 10 o clock this morning and it is still snowing lightly but that should change late this afternoon through tonight as the local forecast are calling for very heavy snow at rate of 3"-4" per hour. :zoinks

Around 1.5" to 2" of snow have already fallen as of 2:30pm 12/14/03. Here is a pic of my truck with plow hooked up all ready for the snow. :D Just installed heated wiper blades yesterday which should be a big help especially when things are supposely to get really heavy later today. Also installed a set of Timbrens and cranked up the torsion bars. The truck is sitting nice and level now, the plow A-frame is also perfectly level since I cranked up the torsion bars. ;)

Attachments

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
HEY ALL....................

Eat your hearts out ! Syracuse is getting clobbered !

Gotta go play errr. plow some more !........geo:burnout

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Stephen, as usual, truck and plow looks great! :shades Go have some fun out there pal, but be careful with that shiny new rig. :) Mike :)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Its just starting to snow here 330 :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Stephen- Truck looks good, Looks like the Timbrens and t-bar crank helped!

Good luck!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man it turned to all rain how miserable. I have a question if it snows your trigger and then turns to rain do you plow it before the snow melts or just let the rain melt it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would say it all depends on your forecast. Turned to rain here in Philly around 11 am after about 1" of snow. Has been raining ever since. Temps have been on the rise all day. Started at 27 this morning around six, now its 41.

I know alot of guys in my area salted a few times today, as they should have, but don't think many of them got to drop a blade on this one.

Mark

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Where I live got around 4". Certain areas by me got as little as 3", and as much as 5". Turned to rain here too, but was plowable, thats all that matters to me. A storm like this one though plows up nicely I guess because its so wet. Right down to the blacktop, beautiful. That storm last weekend, it wouldnt go right down to the blacktop, I think part of the reason was because of how much more snow there was. This snow will all be gone by the middle or this week I bet, with the warm temps and more rain forecasted for Tuesday or Wednesday I think they said. Mike :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts