Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 2500HD with the hemi( yes it has 4.10 gears).
It has stalled a couple times or just really rough idle (not runnin on all the cylinders). Usually occurs on an incline, launching the boat once. It just did it again sitting on the side of a small hill up north deer hunting. It wasnt idleing very long when I decided to move a little to park and head into the woods( early am). It didnt stall but ran on limited cylinders and then cleared out after I revved it up a little. It did it one other time I dont recall where. THe problem is not frequent and does not allways occur. Launch the boat probally 16 times did it once. Anyway I dont have a lot of time to drop it at the dealer for a week lol. Any one here about any problems? The mileage really sucks too, the 2001 got at least 14 on the highway and that had 4.11 gears with the 4 spead tranny. This truck got 11.8 and it runs 75mph at about 2000rpms. Has the 5 speed tranny. The dealer and ads claimed 10% better then the 360. Well any input would be great.
T
I know its under warranty just love for them to have a place to start.

:) :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi T-Zab

I have had that occur about 3-4 times in the 6000 miles I have on my 2003. No consistancy as to when it happens and like you I won't take it back to the dealer for this problem.

The mileage does rot. I'm getting just a bit better around town, but I have the 3.83's (?). Highway mileage might creep up to 16. I don't push it hard and hot rod the thing (MOST TIMES) I'm really disappointed about that.

I almost bought the Cummings but was convinced not to by a plow dealer who said that I couldn't put anything bigger than a 7.5' plow on it. Then I found these forums and learned that I could do that easily.

I think I'll only keep this truck for a year or two, far less than I planned. I'll go to the diesel.

I love my truck, but the gas guzzeling rots. My old Grand Wagonners with the granddaddy of the 360's did better with headers and a 4 barrel :(

~jerry~

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
No complaints from owners of 04's ?. Knock on wood

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Fester great site lots of info. This problem does not seem too have been fixed by Dodge yet. Actually some of the guys on that site seem to be having worse problems then me. it died again sunday on me early a.m., first time out after 45 minutes of drop time. New contractor im working for, thankgod the super was checkin on some of the other new guys. Anyway Im with you Jerry I may look into the diesal this season if this happens again for plowing. Oh this sucks Brand new truck 15000 miles first time out plowing and it dies :headwall . Well keep my fingers crossed. Oh and that site did mention the crappy shifting too .
todd

·
Registered
701 Posts
I believe DC's "fix" for the problem so far was to leave the heat selector either on A/C or Defrost because when the A/C compressor is on the idle is set higher.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Its going in thursday 12/18 to a local dealer. Got the same crap they allways tell you could be a lot of things. Told him I did some research (didnt matter). Told him I need the truck daily (didnt matter), oh well he gets one day with it (didnt matter). We will see what comes of this. You know I was really stoked on getting this hemi, now I kinda wish I would have kept the 2001 and just dumped the money in it for the maintence they need at 65000 miles. Boy the smell of diesel could be in my near future.
Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts