Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is boss plow the way to go or not?i was lookin into the boss v 7'6" or the 8'2" v plow for a ford f-350.dose any one know how good these plows work?can i see some pic of them and in action?dose any one know how much these plows run?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Boss builds a good plow.They are very reliable and have fast hydraulics.

The only problems seem to be the center shoes get ripped off at times,and they don't trip as well as some other designs.

Have you looked at a Blizzard ? They will do everything that the V-blades will do except for busting through deep drifts in the V position.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 8"2' on my F-250, so far it works great. Haven't had any center shoe problem, just takes awhile to wear it in. I paid $4,399.00 installed for mine.

Just have to look at what you what out of a plow and what one will work best for you.

Ken

·
Registered
13 Posts
The boss is excellent. I bought the 8-2 for my 2500 and the weight ratio is about right. paid 4000.00 including taxes. This set up is pretty easy to install, boss has very easy instructions. The Ford may require some drilling though. you can see video at the boss website of the plow in action, and the hitch. Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Mike I have a Boss 9'2" v i just took off my Dodge 2500 ,It served me well .I liked it and it was very fast.I just bought a blizard 810,and time will tell if i made a wise move. I havent used it yet,so I cannot comment on how they compare. If you get a Boss V on the f350 id get the 8'2" at the minimum,and prefferably the 9'2" if you can get away with it being 8ft wide in the v position.I wouldnt consider a 7'6" on an f350 too small. You want to make the most $$ you can with your truck per hr,the bigger plows carry more snow in the scoop position,this makes a huge difference in productivity.. Id have to recommend the 9'2" V or the blizzard 810 ,as the fastest plows out IMo that will fit on your truck. My boss gave me some initial problems that were all quickly resolved, EXC the center show,after the first few storms,the plow was flawless and didnt give me any trouble at all. The center show I have an idea for,I havent made up what i was going to yet though.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Shop around,they are cheaper than you think.

Give Jerre Heyer a call,and talk to him.He will fix you up.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
mike ,the price difference between my Blizzard and the boss 9'2" was less that 200 bucks using current prices. I only wish I had a few storms on the blizzard to tell you which one i like better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a Boss poly 9'2" on my 87 Chevy. I agree with the other guys, I wouldn't go with the 7' plow. Not on a 3/4 ton or larger pickup. I put 3 leaf springs on my chevy to help hold up the Boss and the 454 under the hood. It works great. I do have to add some balast though. I only have about 400 lbs behind the rear fender wells. As far as the Boss goes it has been an excellent plow for me. I had a center shoe problem once about 2 winters ago. I still attribute it to the nut behind the wheel. Otherwise it has been trouble free. I wouldn't buy anything else for what we do out here. The other thing that I liked about the boss is the tech support on their web page. Just ask a question and they answer it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts