Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to plowing.... I recently purchased a Used 2016 Western Midweight Ultramount 2 plow.
I plan to put the plow on my 2008 Silverado 1500. Could someone help me with what truck mount I need for my truck? Apart number would be super helpful.
I think I found the right one but want to be sure.
Thanks for your help!

Nikki

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
New to plowing.... I recently purchased a Used 2016 Western Midweight Ultramount 2 plow.
I plan to put the plow on my 2008 Silverado 1500. Could someone help me with what truck mount I need for my truck? Apart number would be super helpful.
Thanks for your help!

Nikki
You should find a good local dealer because you will need good support.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for your help!

Nikki
31599 is the mount # - but are you aware that part of the wiring is also vehicle specific and not universal?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for your help!

Nikki
Also, if you are new to plowing, are you sure you have the ability to install these pieces yourself? It's not a 30 minute install that you are going to bang out while watching a YouTube video.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Also, if you are new to plowing, are you sure you have the ability to install these pieces yourself? It's not a 30 minute install that you are going to bang out while watching a YouTube video.
You do realize that being new to plowing doesn’t logically imply anything about the mechanical skill sets of the poster?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Thanks for your help!

Nikki
I have a question is your goal personal or commercial usage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your replies... I appreciate it. I did figure out exactly what I needed earlier today. I have everything year specific for my truck except the mount. The plow I bought came off the same truck the seller kept the truck mount.

I am new to plowing, my other half is not... But I am the purchasing and looking for the parts.... He will be installing the plow.

Thanks again,

Nikki

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Thank you all for your replies... I appreciate it. I did figure out exactly what I needed earlier today. I have everything year specific for my truck except the mount. The plow I bought came off the same truck the seller kept the truck mount.

I am new to plowing, my other half is not... But I am the purchasing and looking for the parts.... He will be installing the plow.

Thanks again,

Nikki
Best of luck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts